Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 12:48 PM

4,717 posts, read 1,264,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
AMOS: 9:14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted. (NIV)

Never again to be uprooted. We will never suffer again after we are all saved by Jesus Christ. That is our guarantee given by The Lord Himself!
Yes for Israel God's Elect, that is not all mankind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2022, 05:04 PM

660 posts, read 262,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
all mankind
John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL MANKIND unto Myself."

John 3:35 "The Father loves the Son and has given ALL THINGS into His hands."

God loves everyone, thus everyone will be saved.

1 Cor. 13:8 "Love never fails."

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

It is true as the LORD God has written it my friend

Old 12-19-2022, 04:12 AM

48 posts, read 31,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
A new born infant dies immediately after a nurse in the delivery room baptizes it using the correct formula. How does that infant, now in Heaven, please God never having experienced the notion of "having faith"?
This seems to be a battle between exclusivism and universalism but both sides have forgotten that one view that solves the many problems of both sides , INCLUSIVISM .
Universalism makes no sense because it says that all paths lead to the same God but if all are saved free will is an illusion and if free will is an illusion so is love .

Exclusivism is a huge problem in that it doesn’t take into account the fact that some people know God better then others , and if this is so how can God judge someone for what they genuinely don’t know .

The early Christians were mostly inclusivists .

An example is Justin martyr who in 150ad said this .

Justin Martyr, 103–165: “We have been taught that Christ is the first-born of God, and we have declared above that He is the Word of whom every race of men were partakers; and those who lived reasonably are Christians, even though they have been thought atheists; as, among the Greeks, Socrates and Heraclitus, and men like them; and among the barbarians, Abraham, and Ananias, and Azarias, and Misael, and Elias, and many others…” (The First Apology 46)

Old 12-19-2022, 04:16 AM

48 posts, read 31,586 times
Quote:
John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL MANKIND unto Myself."

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

What if some don’t want to be saved ??
You can’t force salvation on everyone . It is a gift that must be excepted from your free will .
This is why inclusivism gets it perfectly right when exclusivism and universalism just can’t fix the many problems between the 2 .

Inclusivism shows God perfect love for us , Gods perfect justice and Gods perfect understanding while still giving us the free will to either be with him or not be with him .

Old 12-19-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Now you tampering with scripture, Jn 12:32 doesnt say I will draw all mankind unto me, thats false teaching.

He will draw all Gods elect Israel unto Him, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham from among the different peoples of the earth.

All are made alive in Christ, but all mankind isnt in Christ, for the seed of the serpent, the devils children arent in Christ.

And Gods Love is limited to only them in Christ, like easu was not included in Christ, God hated him Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

You are being very flippant and careless with scripture friend. Not good, hopefully God will deliver you from these delusions.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:45 AM

Here's another passage about Israel.

ISAIAH 55:1, 3, 5, 8-11 "Come, all you who are thirsty ...I will make an everlasting covenant with you ... Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you, because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel ... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourishes is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (NIV)

This covenant is everlasting. All nations on the Earth are thirsty, but God, out of His loving nature, will quench all of our thirsts, He will save us all. Everyone is thirsty, seeking Heaven, as everyone wishes for a higher existence than the suffering on Earth. The Lord will accomplish what He desires, He will always achieve His purpose, that is, to end all suffering, to save everyone from the suffering on Earth to lead glorified existences in Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:50 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:

ISAIAH 55:1, 3, 5, 8-11 "Come, all you who are thirsty ...I will make an everlasting covenant with you ... Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you, because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel ... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourishes is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (NIV)

This covenant is everlasting. All nations on the Earth are thirsty, but God, out of His loving nature, will quench all of our thirsts, He will save us all. Everyone is thirsty, seeking Heaven, as everyone wishes for a higher existence than the suffering on Earth. The Lord will accomplish what He desires, He will always achieve His purpose, that is, to end all suffering, to save everyone from the suffering on Earth to lead glorified existences in Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
All nations does not mean all individuals.

Just because a nation becomes Christian does not mean that every single "citizen" of that nation will end up in heaven with Christ.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:52 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
glorified existences in Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
Salvation is by faith alone, and yet a person can be saved after death?

You have just destroyed your own argument.

Please explain how one can demonstrate faith after death.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:

The Covenant is only for Israel, Gods chosen people, all are not Gods chosen people.

Old 12-20-2022, 12:10 PM

HABAKKUK 1:5 Loom ... and watch-and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. (NIV)

If someone told you that all of the dead will be resurrected, that all suffering will cease, all illness cured and all trouble gone. All of that and more is possible through Christ Jesus. Even some Christians struggle to believe in Universal Salvation do to how utterly amazing it is. But it’s true, everything God says is true and God says that all will be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity