Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 06:51 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times

Advertisements

Looks like WBTV has a new female meteorologist from Orlando, Amy Sweezy. She seems to be very good. At first glance I almost thought Leigh Brock was back, but then I put my glasses on and noticed it was somebody new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 08:10 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,730 times
I think the best looker is Tara Laine ...

Old 01-12-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
I think the best looker is Tara Laine ...
Yes she does a nice job.

Old 01-13-2023, 09:03 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Looks like WBTV has a new female meteorologist from Orlando, Amy Sweezy. She seems to be very good. At first glance I almost thought Leigh Brock was back, but then I put my glasses on and noticed it was somebody new.
Apparently, she was "on loan" to WBTV. On Rachel Coulter's FB page, she thanked Amy for her help and that Amy is heading back to Florida.

Old 01-14-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Apparently, she was "on loan" to WBTV. On Rachel Coulter's FB page, she thanked Amy for her help and that Amy is heading back to Florida.
Thanks for the update. I guess they will eventually hire a permanent replacement for the late Jason Myers.

Meanwhile it looks tonight WSOC has a new female meteorologist from Pittsburgh, filling the spot from the departing Ashley Kramlich. Seems good but I still think one of the Charlotte stations should permanently hire Leigh Brock.

Old 01-15-2023, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Thanks for the update. I guess they will eventually hire a permanent replacement for the late Jason Myers.

Meanwhile it looks tonight WSOC has a new female meteorologist from Pittsburgh, filling the spot from the departing Ashley Kramlich. Seems good but I still think one of the Charlotte stations should permanently hire Leigh Brock.
Leigh was doing the weather this morning on WSOC. I was hoping this would be her new permanent home, but I didn't hear any announcement of such.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Leigh was doing the weather this morning on WSOC. I was hoping this would be her new permanent home, but I didn't hear any announcement of such.
Yes good to see her back on today. They should definitely make this a permanent role. But there could be salary and contractual issues. But we can hope.

Also the young man anchoring the news today on WSOC used to be on WCNC. He always seems polished and professional when presenting his reports.

Old 01-27-2023, 05:57 AM

Anchor changes at WBTV...

Just read where John Carter and Alex Giles are switching anchor roles at WBTV.

Carter will move to evenings with Shevaun Bryan and Giles moving to mornings with Mary King.

Effective Monday, 1/30/23.

Old 01-29-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Anchor changes at WBTV...

Just read where John Carter and Alex Giles are switching anchor roles at WBTV.

Carter will move to evenings with Shevaun Bryan and Giles moving to mornings with Mary King.

Effective Monday, 1/30/23.
Possibly a ratings move or perhaps John Carter is tired of early rising. But they have lost some strong anchor talent at WBTV in recent years. Still a void since the departures of Paul Cameron and Maureen O'Boyle.

Old 03-09-2023, 07:06 AM

WSOC has a new young male meteorologist Austin Chaney, coming from Cox sister station WHIO in Dayton, Ohio. He is from Georgia and previously interned at Cox flagship WSB in Atlanta. And as mentioned previously, they recently added Madi Baggett from WJAC in Johnstown, PA. And former WBTV meteorologist Leigh Brock continues to fill in as needed, along with meteorologist Wayne Mehar. And John Ahrens seems to have expanded his role to most late night broadcasts, as chief forecaster Steve Udelson has stepped back a bit in recent months. Perhaps they are preparing John Ahrens to be the new Chief Meteorologist when Stve Udelson eventually retires. Udelson mainly now reports on the 5pm and 6pm broadcasts about 4 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte