Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 06:47 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,716,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
In which post did I claim otherwise?
Almost every post. Welcome to ignore. Get some help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 07:05 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,702,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
No, actually. Not in any post. Not even once.

You can quote me if you disagree. . .

Old 04-20-2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
No, actually. Not in any post. Not even once.

You can quote me if you disagree. . .
I disagree. You keep bringing up hobby losses and lose track of the original question about selling unrelated items when it is 100% allowed in any business. Fact. Thousands of businesses do it today.Go ahead, have the last word.

Last edited by COcheesehead; 04-20-2024 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-21-2024, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I disagree. You keep bringing up hobby losses and lose track of the original question about selling unrelated items when it is 100% allowed in any business. Fact. Thousands of businesses do it today.Go ahead, have the last word.
You’ve demonstrated clearly that you don’t understand hobby losses. Given that you don’t understand it, you also don’t understand why it might be an issue for the OP, nor why it wouldn’t be an issue for say, Walmart. As a result, you got your feelings hurt and have spent the entire time accusing me of saying something that I’ve never said. That’s why when challenged, you can’t quote a single post of mine where I’ve written what you’ve claimed.

Let me know if you’re interested in actually learning what the issue is all about. I’ll happily look past your boorish behavior and provide you with some free education.

Edited to add: This seems to be the point that you’re hung up on

Quote:
about selling unrelated items when it is 100% allowed in any business. Fact. Thousands of businesses do it today.
You’re convinced that I said that couldn’t be done. And I never said that. I never even suggested it. I simply brought up an issue related to that that the OP might want to be concerned about. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

Last edited by TaxPhd; 04-21-2024 at 07:50 AM..

Old 04-24-2024, 07:53 PM

The OP never brought up a hobby business. You have clearly gotten off track regarding selling unrelated products, the original question. Berate me all you want, but I understood what was asked from the first post and I answered it from a point of expertise.
Go ahead, have the last word, it’s obviously important to you and likely the only source of your self esteem.

Last edited by COcheesehead; 04-24-2024 at 08:08 PM..

Old 04-24-2024, 08:19 PM

Quote:
The OP never brought up a hobby business. You have clearly gotten off track regarding selling unrelated products, the original question. Berate me all you want, but I understood what was asked from the first post and I answered it from a point of expertise.
Go ahead, have the last word, it’s obviously important to you and likely the only source of your self esteem.
The OP didn’t have to bring up a hobby business. I brought it up, as the OP was unlikely to know that that could be an issue.

Sorry that you still don’t understand the issue. . . And thanks for letting me have the last word.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:32 PM

Selling unrelated products has nothing to do with a hobby business. A point that you don’t seem to comprehend. I can sell food, blankets and dishes all under one entity.
The expense handling and subsequent characterization of the business is based on profits or lack there of over 3 years of operation. Then, and only then hobby rules may apply, but whether or not they can sell unrelated products is a separate issue.

Last edited by COcheesehead; 04-24-2024 at 08:47 PM..

Old 04-25-2024, 07:22 AM

1,969 posts, read 935,637 times
Quote:
Quote:
Go ahead, have the last word.
Quote:

Welcome to the other side of that door...

Old 04-25-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Welcome to the other side of that door...
LOL. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. My fault.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Selling unrelated products has nothing to do with a hobby business.
I’m not sure why you still aren’t understanding this. Chas863 explained it very clearly in post #3 with his baseball card example. And in post #4, you get all offended about that post. In post #9, I disagreed with you, and that really sent you over the edge. In post #10, you make it clear that you have no knowledge nor understanding of the hobby issue, nor why it might be applicable to the OP’s situation. In post #14, you demonstrate again that you have zero understanding of the hobby activity issue. In the rest of the thread, you simply resort to insults and insisting that I said something that in fact, I never said.

Why won’t you quote me where I said what you’re claiming? You’ve been challenged multiple times to do so, but you’ve steadfastly refused. You’re looking pretty silly at this point.

Quote:
A point that you don’t seem to comprehend. I can sell food, blankets and dishes all under one entity.
For the umpteenth time, I’ve NEVER said otherwise.

Quote:
The expense handling and subsequent characterization of the business is based on profits or lack there of over 3 years of operation. Then, and only then hobby rules may apply, but whether or not they can sell unrelated products is a separate issue.
Ah, now you’ve decided to finally do a bit a research, but you STILL have it wrong. The issue that you initially reference is a determination over a five year period, not three. And one doesn’t have to wait five years for hobby rules to kick in. If applicable, the rules will apply from the very first year of operations. And the selling of “unrelated” products isn’t a separate issue. Whether selling unrelated products, or selling the primary products of one’s business, ANY activity can be classified as a hobby. Understanding the how and why of that is important. But you don’t get it.

It’s good that you did some research, but don’t confuse your five minute Google search with an actual understanding of the issue. As I said before, I’m happy to provide you with some free education if you’re serious about understanding this issue. It’s an important issue, and one that even somebody with 25 years in business might not know anything about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business