Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:24 PM

276 posts, read 516,961 times

Advertisements

For the dirtiest city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 10:39 AM

3,788 posts, read 4,144,930 times
I hope people remember this when they go to vote.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:47 PM

320 posts, read 167,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I hope people remember this when they go to vote.
"Mayor" Brandon Scott is a 40 year old man-child. He is unable to take constructive criticism as evidences by his hair-trigger of a defensive mechanism whenever he perceives even a tiny slight against him or his administration.

The man is unable to even make a slight dent the city's problems largely because his ideology disables one's ability to properly discern cause and effect, but also because he is a weak, ineffective, and compromised leader.

In all likelihood the organizations he has set up, the main one being "Safe Streets" is just a way for him to funnel taxpayer money into the hands of his criminal friends. The organization itself serves as cover and as an intelligence wing for a handful of the city's gangs so that they can carry on with their street business with far less risk than they otherwise would.

Old 04-30-2024, 07:11 PM

8,298 posts, read 13,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
"Mayor" Brandon Scott is a 40 year old man-child. He is unable to take constructive criticism as evidences by his hair-trigger of a defensive mechanism whenever he perceives even a tiny slight against him or his administration.

The man is unable to even make a slight dent the city's problems largely because his ideology disables one's ability to properly discern cause and effect, but also because he is a weak, ineffective, and compromised leader.

In all likelihood the organizations he has set up, the main one being "Safe Streets" is just a way for him to funnel taxpayer money into the hands of his criminal friends. The organization itself serves as cover and as an intelligence wing for a handful of the city's gangs so that they can carry on with their street business with far less risk than they otherwise would.
I dont believe he set up Safe Streets (I think that was Dixon) but to your point it is riddled with problems and needs to be disbanded or seriously restructured. His little dust up with the States Atty Bates and him being unwilling to take on the former States Atty makes him look more political than concerned about the citizens I think there is other blame such as the city court judges. I am not sure how they have escaped blame in their role in the crime rate. I believe they are also elected?.. Even if the Mayor and the BPD arrest.. States Atty prosecutes..do the courts convict?

Old 05-01-2024, 05:53 AM

20,259 posts, read 9,187,133 times
Quote:

on the bright side, he may be a Baltimore Mayor that isn't sentenced for crimes they have committed.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:27 PM

193 posts, read 159,181 times
Quote:
"Mayor" Brandon Scott is a 40 year old man-child.
Why the scare quotes? You don't like the man, obviously, but there is no question that the citizens of Baltimore chose him to be the Mayor.

Old 05-01-2024, 01:36 PM

21,831 posts, read 13,039,826 times
no doubt. this place is filthy

Old 05-01-2024, 01:37 PM

21,831 posts, read 13,039,826 times
Quote:
he's been a very good mayor. The city is just as filthy as when he found it, but it is much safer and feels less corrupt.

His being "triggered" by erroneous racism is well within his rights.

I went to a Safe Streets event in McElderry Park 2 weeks ago to check it out. It was really nice for the neighborhoods and very well funded. There was a deep-fried tent, identifiable t-shirts, and collared shirts for workers. I saw young men working with and connecting wit young boys, I even saw them diffuse a brewing altercation. I saw police presence, and they had a city-sponsored vehicle. I think the funds are being used properly.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:14 AM

34,203 posts, read 83,388,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
on the bright side, he may be a Baltimore Mayor that isn't sentenced for crimes they have committed.
Don't worry. It looks like Sheila Dixon may be due for an encore.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:44 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,714,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2paisley View Post
For the dirtiest city.
Yeah, right. Baltimore is dirty compared to DC, but that's about it. You should visit Philly, Houston, LA, San Fran, New Orleans, etc. sometime if you want to see how much trash can really fit on the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: