Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 17,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
As far as 80's nightlife.. Augusta was pretty hoppin back in the day. Back then major bands actually came to town.. not nostalgia acts that were popular 25 or 30 years in teh past.. current big name acts. As far as the nightlife scene, the places that pop out are Adams, Katmandu, New York New York, Purple Onion, Michael's. .The thing I remember back then is that the vast majority of the big nightlife spots were off Washington Rd and some on Wrightsboro Rd.
Then for the rednecks there was Horne's Honky Tonk on Gordon Highway in South Augusta..
Pretty much all that was downtown was the strip clubs which were much more numerous back then than today but not much downtown as far as nightclubs. Anyone remember Coconuts in Surrey Center from the 90s? It was probably the cheesiest nightclub of all time and was nicknamed CocoSluts for obvious reasons. There was a great video on Youtube about it.. it may stil be online.
Hi do you Remember the Band HighRoller or HiRoller that p played at the katmandu I'm thinking it was 1982... or Remerber anyone who worked there at the time who might remember?? I lost touch with Clevie who was in the Band and would love to find him. His brother was in the and also. Thanks.. tc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 8,369 times
New here. I worked at Regency Mall too. Maintenance. I think I am old. I liked cruising Shoney's up to the Redwing Roller Way. I had some pretty bad cars. I miss those days. The days we guys might get in a fight no guns and see the same guys later riding and looking for chicks .

Old 12-31-2017, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,030 times
I remember almost every club mentioned in this thread. �� Does anyone remember Pogos, right off of Bobby Jones that was open in the late 1970s? I believe it was a roller skating rink prior to that. Also in the eighties, The Post Office on Washington Road, not far from National Hills Shopping Center, which had been Smokey's Bar and Grill right before then. They had a lot of live bands and performers, from the likes of Bonnie Raitt, The Smithereens and Kris Kristofferson. But it was mostly alternative music, that was popular there. �� Not sure if I've seen Studio 7 mentioned, but it was in Surrey Center in the late 70s, right next to Surrey Tavern.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:08 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,640,877 times
Haha, bringing a thread from last yr but oh well... LOL

Here goes, I recently like a month or so ago, found the girl I worked w/ at Aug Mall in '85 with. She's in FL now & divorced after 23 yr marriage, hmm.

Anyway I was boozing so much back then that had no clue as to who/waht/where I was but sure had THE best of time -- in my 2 yr stint living in GA -- prior to moving back up the e coast. Been listening to songs popular back in '84-85 & can say, unequivocally, it WAS the BEST times of my life -- even if I live to 100.

Ok, y'all -- bring on some more memories, & I bet some girl I danced w/ is on here & remembers the good times in Augusta in the bars back then. I worked in the n both Aug. & Regency malls back, then so you can imagine the ladies I saw coming thru my door daily vs the wife who I din't get along w/ & me & her together argued nightly in Augusta.

Yowsers is all I can say of AUGUSTA's ladies -- y'all my bro's & sis's, eh!

Old 04-07-2018, 07:24 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,640,877 times
Also just sayin' you ALL from Augusta then & now -- ARE the V BEST folks ever I met!!!

I had so good times partyin in my 20s in Augusta. LOL

Heres the deal; to any of you still on here re this, let me know if any of these bars are around & how y'all progressed in the last 30+ yrs. It seems like yest -- but is a lifetime away but.. we can ALL still recap those days & -- you're only as old as mind tells ya. I'm about 1, if that is so. LOL HAHAAA

Old 11-23-2018, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 17,978 times
STILL SEARCHING FOR anyone who Knows What happened to the 80's band Hi-Roller that played at the Katmandu around Summer 1982.

I Remember the Katmandu... I worked there in the Summer of 1982. I wish I could find someone who worked there who would remember a band called
Hi-Roller...anyone know where they were From?? Would love to know.
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 02:33 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,524,235 times
I loved me some Katmandu. That was our hangout back in the day

Old 01-23-2020, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
Did my AIT at Ft. Gordon in '84... I remember $5 pitchers of Kamakazis at the Bulldog...

Old 05-19-2020, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,043 times
Lived in Augusta from 82 to 87, lived about a mile from Katmandu, that was my regular hangout. Great music and great people. Anyone that worked there still around?

Old 07-04-2020, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,851 times
Default Doc Holliday at Katmandu's, Mid 80's, Little Person, Alicia

I toured and recorded with a band called
"Doc Holliday" in the 80's. I was the drummer. We played Katmandu's around the mid 80's. The Owner and Staff were always nice to us. Always asking the road crew and band members if we needed anything. I will never forget this beautiful girl we met. She was a little person, loved the band and supported us through the years. I do not remember her name, I'm sorry honey. But I will never forget your beautiful soul.

I also remember a dark-haired girl. First name Alicia? She drove a yellow VW Bug. Very cool person who was also a DH fan.

Keep On Rockin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area