Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 07:25 PM

377 posts, read 340,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
At the end of the day, Alabama is going to have two predominately black voting districts. Why not just go ahead and accept that fact, do the redistricting according to law, and get it over with.
This is the wisest course of action, at some point the adults in the room (federal court) will make sure their authority is respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 07:29 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee48 View Post
I know smh it's maddening. It seems to be getting a lot more national attention now.
Who cares!!Legacy media is dying anyway. New media is being streamed and made up of independent journalist. How does it change your life? More democrats running the state will definitely change Alabama in a negative way.

Old 09-06-2023, 07:47 PM

653 posts, read 587,710 times
Being an overly simple minded person and using our state (Alabama) as a working example; why are the voting maps drawn in the manner that they are being drawn? If the general rule is there should be an equal number of voters or maybe its people above the age of 18 must be equally distributed then why do they not simple draw parallel lines either horizontally or vertically and equally divide the state geographically. Once that is done, slowly move the lines either north/south or east/west so the represented population is relatively equal?

Again I'm simple.

The current system seems ripe for misrepresentation on either side of the aisle. Effectively this is the argument another has made earlier in the thread.

If white people are represented more in one area then good.
If black people are represented more in one area then good.
If simpletons like me are represented more in one are then good.

If you don't like it then move.

Simpleton from Madison.

Old 09-06-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Who cares!!Legacy media is dying anyway. New media is being streamed and made up of independent journalist. How does it change your life? More democrats running the state will definitely change Alabama in a negative way.
By negative change do you mean black voters in Alabama having the political representation they have earned and have a right to is a negative and harmful impact?

If so who is harmed by the court correcting the violation of black voters rights?

Old 09-06-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Being an overly simple minded person and using our state (Alabama) as a working example; why are the voting maps drawn in the manner that they are being drawn? If the general rule is there should be an equal number of voters or maybe its people above the age of 18 must be equally distributed then why do they not simple draw parallel lines either horizontally or vertically and equally divide the state geographically. Once that is done, slowly move the lines either north/south or east/west so the represented population is relatively equal?

Again I'm simple.

The current system seems ripe for misrepresentation on either side of the aisle. Effectively this is the argument another has made earlier in the thread.

If white people are represented more in one area then good.
If black people are represented more in one area then good.
If simpletons like me are represented more in one are then good.

If you don't like it then move.

Simpleton from Madison.
Sounds good to me!!! You get what you ask for, good luck.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
By negative change do you mean black voters in Alabama having the political representation they have earned and have a right to is a negative and harmful impact?

If so who is harmed by the court correcting the violation of black voters rights?
What is representation for black voterrs? I have never seen it.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:
What is representation for black voterrs? I have never seen it.
Interesting, if I understand you correctly you don't want to see black voters have representation. Are you also against black people in Alabama voting too?

Old 09-06-2023, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Interesting, if I understand you correctly you don't want to see black voters have representation. Are you also against black people in Alabama voting too?
Depends on the black person. But what is representation for black voters?

Old 09-06-2023, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
It is quite obvious you have no idea what this is about or you believe only non-poor people deserve equal representation. Either way, there's nothing I can do for you.
I'd say the idea is non white voters don't deserve ANY representation regardless of who the black person is, either way I see what you mean.
With this type of image around Alabama I can see why Space Command stayed in Colorado.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:08 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:
They do suck, but that's literally every politician in America. The politicians in Alabama are not as bad as some of other states like California there is a mass exodus there. Extremely high crime and homelessness. Democrats will do anything to get you emotional to give them power. You have the privilege to talk about Alabama. Its fake outrage and privilege. Tommy Tuberville has not done nothing to hurt your quality of life.

Old lady was beat with her own cane in NY at train station for over 50 times. That ain't happening where you are.

Dude. Do you not read the newspaper? Some variation of that happens literally every day in the state. The per capita violent crime rate in Alabama is 25% higher than New York. Look, I get you love the state, but it does no good to deny reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ent_crime_rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama