Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:13 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
There was a TSA Agent who was stealing stuff from checked in baggage checks. - Must be because of his pay!
No...it's because he's an immoral a-hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 03:18 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,527,146 times
I bet that's not all he was doing. He just got caught with this one. What about the other things he was never caught with?

Old 11-28-2010, 02:58 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,850,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I think the TSA is very fair with their hiring practices. They'll take you if you're a teenager, illegal immigrant or even if you have a criminal background. This is one of thre reasons why wages are so low. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to want a drug test.

Do you REALLY believe this? That an illegal alien or someone with a criminal background can just walk into a job with a federal agency?

Quote:
All TSA jobs require U.S. citizenship and successful completion of a full background investigation. In addition, persons interested in security officer positions must pass a medical examination, be able to read, speak, and write English, and pass a physical ability test, a drug and alcohol screening, and an aptitude test.
TSA: Becoming Part of the TSA Team … (http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/become_part_of_the_tsa_team.shtm - broken link)

Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I think the TSA is very fair with their hiring practices. They'll take you if you're a teenager, illegal immigrant or even if you have a criminal background. This is one of thre reasons why wages are so low. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to want a drug test.
As much as my opinion is low regarding TSA, I do not believe this statement. To gain employment with any federal agency, one MUST have a legal right to work in the US and pass strict background checks. As stupid as our government is, I cannot see them knowingly hiring criminals or illegal aliens.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,482,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
As much as my opinion is low regarding TSA, I do not believe this statement. To gain employment with any federal agency, one MUST have a legal right to work in the US and pass strict background checks. As stupid as our government is, I cannot see them knowingly hiring criminals or illegal aliens.
Uh huh

TSA Hires Felon & Forces Airport To Issue Security Badge

Apparently the TSA hired 28,000 people without doing a single bankground check.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Do you REALLY believe this? That an illegal alien or someone with a criminal background can just walk into a job with a federal agency?

TSA: Becoming Part of the TSA Team … (http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/become_part_of_the_tsa_team.shtm - broken link)
LOL...and no, teenagers CANNOT get employment with federal agencies either!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,668 times
so is working as a screener for a teenager coming straight out of high school a good job but deciding to stay there for a while good money?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,529,961 times
Here is the pay scale...

TSA: Pay Scales at TSA (2011 and 2012) (http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/pay_scales.shtm - broken link)

I'm generally one who's quick to criticize tsa, in the past had some ghetto ass ladies scream at me for not taking my laptop out of a laptop case, etc.

Just recently flew about a week ago and they were surprisingly easygoing and pleasant and im one who's quick to get aggravated over stuff like that.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:58 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,924,670 times
We can all complain about TSA but the subject really is working for TSA. With that I would say that, with the political and consumer complaints against TSA it could be possible for the TSA will be facing massive personnel reductions in the next few years, or, at the very least, to be replaced by technical and less intrusive security measures that don't involve TSA agents and thus results in layoffs.

Some airports are already going back to private contractors rather than TSA (which is perfectly allowed by federal regulations).

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,643,190 times
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IfsvLILwMi.../turkeytsa.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment