Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2024, 04:35 PM

4 posts, read 2,909 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm 25M from Europe and currently working abroad as a plumber(rouhgly said). The job is relatively easy but for me, to be honest, it's quite boring and I also do not like this job since it's construction related one. I've been searching through various job portals but I couldn't find anything - and even if I found something then they didn't reply / I got rejected. However there's still one opportunity left.

I'm in touch with one succesful entrepreneur who runs businesses in various areas such as constructions, electrical engineering, etc.. I wouldn't say that we are friends or something similar but long story short he's known me since my childhood and we also live in the same neighborhood. I also worked for him for several months but to be honest I didn't quite like the job so I left - or better said I was fired by one of his employee who was my boss/manager. After that we talked together and he offered me that I could return back to the job but I declined.

However during that time when I worked for him or even after I left we discussed several times about other job/business offers. I think we had around 4 private discussions in total(most of the time few months break between them) and usually at the end we planned our next meeting. The problem is that when I was supposed to go meet him he told me that he was busy and that he would called me back once he was free but basically that was the end. We talked again after few months when our paths crossed.

I have kind of mixed signals. There were few occasions when I needed his help and he helped me indeed but when it comes to job/business talking then I have a feeling like he wanted to avoid me or something like that. I would also like to mention that during all of this I've been working on my own business so I have been not focused 100% in any day job I ever had and the longest I had my day job was around 6 months. When it comes to my business I finally feel like I've decided to put it aside and find stable income. To be honest, currently I'm in pretty difficult life situation when it comes to (making) money and I really do not want to work abroad and especially in constructions and also not to mention those 10-12 hours shifts for 5 days.

Although I have a day job but I do not like it at all and I feel like I should write him a message if I can meet him again and talk to him and make kind of "FINAL" decision whether there's some job/business opportunity for me or no.

What's your opinion on that guys ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 03:10 PM

2,555 posts, read 2,677,377 times
There is too much back and forth on everyone's parts. If he comes to ask you again, ask for more pay that would make you more satisfied.

Also, remember, sometimes you have to do something you don't like to get to something that you do like.

Maybe work at a construction type store to hold you off- sounds like you have enough knowledge to work at one, and it seems like such a job would be stable (enough) if you got a position.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:25 PM

12,104 posts, read 23,262,756 times
It doesn't sound to me like he is seriously inetersted in moving forward with anything. He may be hoping that you just drop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment