Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the banks reaction is stupid, and if I banked there I would close my account.
The issue is that you are not banking there and you don't live there.
It's a small town in Texas. The customers of this bank are very conservative, they will not like those photos, and they will take their business elsewhere. And that what counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 10:59 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Don't publicize your personal life. Simple as that. If I started posting pictures and videos all over social media of me getting smashed with my friends and it got shared thousands of times, I'm pretty sure I'd be at risk of facing consequences.
Be responsible if you're going to use social media. If you want to share with family and friends, there are ways to do it so it doesn't get shared to external source and becomes a "viral" internet story.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Its not anti family, the buisness were flexing their muscles to show the rest of the employees that they have absolute control of their lives. If you post a pic on facebook with a beer bottle in the back ground, fired, in a bathing suit with a tattoo showing, fired.

this is modern day slavery (they know families need the income becuase good jobs are rare) so they use that leverage, the leverage they engineered in the first place.

We need to be asking ourselves, why is it so hard to find a good job near you? Why arent we creating legislation to correct these issues?
If you wouldn't frame it and put it on your desk, don't publicize it so your employer can see it.

Your employer should NOT be on your FB. Your employer is not your friend that you go drinking with. Your employer should know about what you do at work. That's all.

Amazing that people have no concept of boundaries these days.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:49 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,642,228 times
So much for "What you do on your own time is your personal business." Apparently, this is only true if your employer doesn't find out!!

Old 10-12-2017, 04:19 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
So much for "What you do on your own time is your personal business." Apparently, this is only true if your employer doesn't find out!!
Its because people refuse to vote in legisltation that ties buienss hands and opens them up to easy law suits. I know they have little strategy meetings about all the ins and outs of what they can get away with.

We are at a point in society where alot of buisnesses wont do the right thing unless they have the boot of the govt on their throats, its just a sad reality of our times. We cant have anything nice anymore in the USA like freedom and capitalism becasue of these strategy meetings and people with leverage pouring over how they can screw people.

BTW unless your posting the pictures right up at the teller window no one will know or care, this was a pure power play plain and simple.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:03 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Well, it is your personal business until you make it work business. She brought it into work, intentionally or unintentionally, and is paying the consequences for it. Your social media isn't as private as you think it is...all it takes is one of your friends to share one of your postings/pics and the world will see it.

We have a social media policy in our organization and i find it sad that we had to go to that extreme. Social media is great, when used correctly, however so many people choose to 'live their life' on their social media. My list of 'friends' has gotten shorter and shorter because of aired dirty laundry.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:58 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
When I was in JR high the guys pinched my butt regularly. I didn't like it but I never complained. I lived through it lol. You are right, we are now in an overly P.C. place. Nowadays they would put the boys in mandatory therapy if they did this.
Don't assume that. I know mothers of young women in junior high & high school who would disagree with you.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you wouldn't frame it and put it on your desk, don't publicize it so your employer can see it.

Your employer should NOT be on your FB. Your employer is not your friend that you go drinking with. Your employer should know about what you do at work. That's all.

Amazing that people have no concept of boundaries these days.

Amazing how many people put fake facades on everyday.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Don't publicize your personal life. Simple as that. If I started posting pictures and videos all over social media of me getting smashed with my friends and it got shared thousands of times, I'm pretty sure I'd be at risk of facing consequences.
Be responsible if you're going to use social media. If you want to share with family and friends, there are ways to do it so it doesn't get shared to external source and becomes a "viral" internet story.
Yea because your bosses and company's customers are just perfect angels. They are probably too busy attending church to see the pictures being circulated anyways on social media.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
The issue is that you are not banking there and you don't live there.
It's a small town in Texas. The customers of this bank are very conservative, they will not like those photos, and they will take their business elsewhere. And that what counts.
Highly doubtful someone would go through the troubles to switch their whole banking because a teller took some PG13 pictures.... Highly unlikely. It's obvious the bank was looking for any reason to fire this women, probably because of her being pregnant.

Too many soft sensitive hypocrite people in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment