Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 09:52 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,236,912 times

Advertisements

Too many overly sensitive people on here, many well thought out rebuttals against my views but now I just came to the conclusion that that's the way it is, too many thin skinned overly sensitive people....

Let me get many of you a tissue! I hope you all get well soon! haha........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 09:54 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,822,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Good questions, but it's not illegal to do so. Why make a big damn deal about it?
Because posting them showed lack of judgment. If she lacks judgment in this area, she may use poor judgment in areas that are directly related to her job. I'm guessing the bank didn't want to take that chance.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,833,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
let's try a thought experiment.

Say the bank reacted differently and said, "wow, stephanie,what a good idea!" so they do a photo shoot with each of their female and male (mustn't discriminate!) employees posing nude in an embrace with their lovers. Then they make it into the 2018 austin bank texas n.a. "love is in the air" calendar and start giving it away.

Would this likely:

A) create an increase in depositors, or
b) cause current depositors to take their money elsewhere

?
b.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:59 AM

2,241 posts, read 1,490,590 times
Quote:
Too many overly sensitive people on here, many well thought out rebuttals against my views but now I just came to the conclusion that that's the way it is, too many thin skinned overly sensitive people....

Let me get many of you a tissue! I hope you all get well soon! haha........
I think it’s a reflection of the industry culture more than anything. Banking has a conservative culture. Maybe this would have flown in another, more progressive industry like advertising or what have you. But I think people are just telling you how it is in banking, not that they necessarily care one way or another that she posed nude.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:10 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,236,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
I think it’s a reflection of the industry culture more than anything. Banking has a conservative culture. Maybe this would have flown in another, more progressive industry like advertising or what have you. But I think people are just telling you how it is in banking, not that they necessarily care one way or another that she posed nude.
Thank you for helping me get clarification on the group consensus because I'm not trying to be a "rebel"...... Ironically I work in the banking industry doing title escrow work, and I understand the industry tries like most other industries to put up a good professional façade but at the end of the day people are people with or without a tie so this type of behavior shouldn't' be surprising or appalling, there was no crime committed.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 AM

36,195 posts, read 18,536,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
This whole post is just unnecessary meanness. I hope you'll engage in some introspection about why you felt the need to make it.
Out of all the posts in this thread, it seemed to you that one was worth pointing out for containing "unnecessary meanness"?

I was honestly trying to be fair at the end. To be fair, the poses themselves - while inappropriate for an engagement shoot - wouldn't have garnered the attention they got or caused her to be fired had she been a healthy weight. So I think maybe she has a beef - her behavior, if done by someone considered attractive to the public wouldn't have gotten her fired. And so that's not fair.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:26 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,479,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Who shares "engagement" photos like these with grandma or coworkers? 😝
This is the umpteenth time I've seen someone blaming her for posting the pictures. SHE DID NOT! THE PHOTOGRAPHER DID!!! Did anyone actually READ the article?

That being said, it was stupid - she should never have given the photographer permission to do it. I would THINK she would have had to sign a release of some kind. But I'm not a photographer - I'm a glorified secretary.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 AM

36,195 posts, read 18,536,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
This is the umpteenth time I've seen someone blaming her for posting the pictures. SHE DID NOT! THE PHOTOGRAPHER DID!!! Did anyone actually READ the article?

That being said, it was stupid - she should never have given the photographer permission to do it. I would THINK she would have had to sign a release of some kind. But I'm not a photographer - I'm a glorified secretary.
I had read it, and just now went back to reread. You're right, the source of the photos appears to be the photographer's page, not the couple's page. There's a sentence about 3/4 of the way through the article.

It seems to me the photographer was trying to drum up "buzz" at her expense. I wonder how clear it was to this couple that these photos would be accessible publicly.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 AM

9,568 posts, read 11,351,651 times
Quote:
Yea you're right, why is she only fired, she should be prosecuted as a felon!! How dare she go against the grain and act all weird, who does she think she is? Good thing we are entitled to judge her!!
You imply we're NOT entitled to judge? God gave us judgement for a reason.

A certain emotional faction of society has twisted "judgement" into "judgementalism" while so stupid they don't even know that accusing others of being "judgemental" is in fact judging.

You are judging another poster when you bemoan that others dare to use judgement.

BTW, this woman in question has very poor judgement.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 AM

7,028 posts, read 4,043,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I had read it, and just now went back to reread. You're right, the source of the photos appears to be the photographer's page, not the couple's page. There's a sentence about 3/4 of the way through the article.

It seems to me the photographer was trying to drum up "buzz" at her expense. I wonder how clear it was to this couple that these photos would be accessible publicly.
She should have bought the master photos from the photographer, that way the photographer wouldn't have any right to use the photos in any kind of advertising.

I had a formal head shot done 5 years ago, and I bought the master from the photographer. At that point it became mine to do what I wanted with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment