Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 PM

230 posts, read 525,974 times

Advertisements

I've been driving for uber, lyft part time on the weekends. Is it wrong to give women who are provocatively dressed 3 or 4 stars? I don't do it all the time. If someone's really nice or we have a conversation, of course they still get 5. But sometimes if they are too provocatively dressed and especially don't talk to me either, or mention their significant other too much, they might get less.

I try not to do it and check myself, especially since if I get too many low ratings, I'm gone. But some of em are really a glutton for punishment and trying to tease all the time. I feel like their should be some accountability for them. Does that make me a bad person?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:05 PM

609 posts, read 615,411 times
I wouldn't call you a bad person, but that's pretty idiotic.
So, you're saying you the taxi driver giving a low score to a passenger because of the way they look or because they don't talk to you? You have issues.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:05 PM

359 posts, read 476,866 times
What does the way they dress have to do with their ability to pay you for a service? Unless they are actively rude to you or puke in your car, there is no reason to give them a low rating.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:31 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I've been driving for uber, lyft part time on the weekends. Is it wrong to give women who are provocatively dressed 3 or 4 stars? I don't do it all the time. If someone's really nice or we have a conversation, of course they still get 5. But sometimes if they are too provocatively dressed and especially don't talk to me either, or mention their significant other too much, they might get less.

I try not to do it and check myself, especially since if I get too many low ratings, I'm gone. But some of em are really a glutton for punishment and trying to tease all the time. I feel like their should be some accountability for them. Does that make me a bad person?
Reality check here....these passengers are customers. They are NOT out to date you, hook up with you, etc. You are providing a service for them that they are paying you for, namely, transportation.

That's it. Period. End of story.

So if they mention their significant other, big deal! They are not there to provide you with any romantic (or other) attention. If they don't talk to you, big deal! They are not there to provide you with conversation. About their dress, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD. That is what you are being paid to do. Period.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,323 times
Mod cut.

Who cares if these people talk to you or not, that isn't what you are there for.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-12-2015 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Reality check here....these passengers are customers. They are NOT out to date you, hook up with you, etc. You are providing a service for them that they are paying you for, namely, transportation.

That's it. Period. End of story.

So if they mention their significant other, big deal! They are not there to provide you with any romantic (or other) attention. If they don't talk to you, big deal! They are not there to provide you with conversation. About their dress, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD. That is what you are being paid to do. Period.
Sad that someone has to be told that!

Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Mod cut.

It is not their job to entertain you.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-12-2015 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-10-2015, 07:08 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Is it wrong? Yes it's wrong.

I don't drive, but I ride with uber and lyft a lot and talk to the drivers about the business, because I'm interested in their opinions about it.

IMO, if I were a driver, all I'd care about is that the customer is located where they drop the pin, that they're ready to go when I got there, and that they're not exceptionally rude/drunk/vomiting/damaging my car. I couldn't see giving a passenger less than 5 stars if they met those basic criteria. What more can you really ask? You're serving the public. They dress different ways, want to talk about different things, and want to go different places. How can you fault someone for that? That's not your job.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

Yes. Yes, it does.

It sounds like you have some personal crap you are taking out on people who have nothing to do with you.

If you have thought this much about it, I think you should not be in this position.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:

wow, that's messed up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment