Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,836 times

Advertisements

Looking at a place to move in Tuckahoe, zip code is 10707.
Did a bit of search and found of Westchester zip code/school system is confused af (Bronxiville some places belong to Yonkers??)
I know for Yonkers resident you have to pay local Yonkers city income tax. How do I know if I need to pay Yonkers tax or not for this Tuckahoe address with 10707 zip?

Thanks a million!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 07:12 PM

55 posts, read 77,523 times
Try this site and choose withholding tax to get an official answer from NYS:

https://www8.tax.ny.gov/JRLA/jrlaStart

Generally speaking, the Bronx River (not the parkway, but basically as they nearly overlap) serves as the eastern border of the City of Yonkers. You can also see this visually if you type in Yonkers, NY into Google Maps. It will show you the border of the city.

The 10707 zip code that is east of the Bronx River is not part of the City of Yonkers, but the section on the west side of the river (by Scarsdale Rd) is within the city limits.

Last edited by Nitro878; 11-13-2021 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Added Additional Clarification

Old 11-15-2021, 10:21 AM

973 posts, read 1,409,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea_1986 View Post
Looking at a place to move in Tuckahoe, zip code is 10707.
Did a bit of search and found of Westchester zip code/school system is confused af (Bronxiville some places belong to Yonkers??)
I know for Yonkers resident you have to pay local Yonkers city income tax. How do I know if I need to pay Yonkers tax or not for this Tuckahoe address with 10707 zip?

Thanks a million!
It is not actually confusing af, once you realize that you need to ignore zip codes and mailing addresses.

If you live in the City of Yonkers you pay Yonkers income tax. If you live anywhere else in the world you don't. It can't be any simpler than that.

School Districts work the same way, assuming you don't send your kids to private school. If you live in the Bronxville SD, your kids enroll in Bronxville schools. If you live in the Tuckahoe SD, your kids enroll in Tuckahoe schools, and so on. This is very simple, and should not be confusing.

Again, ignore zip codes and mailing addresses. They mean nothing.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,836 times
Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County