Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times

Advertisements

dma1250:
You can spin it all you want but the fact remains you chose not to live there. I have nothing left to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,191,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
dma1250:
You can spin it all you want but the fact remains you chose not to live there. I have nothing left to say.
I chose not to live in Katonah, Montclair, Cold Spring, Nyack, and a host of other towns as well. What does that have to do with the appeal of Peekskill?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,258,595 times
Quote:
rubygreta:
Sure, every city has it's "nicer" neighborhoods, but you still have to put up with all the garbage that surrounds you.
That's like saying don't live in the Upper East Side of Manhattan because the adjacent neighborhood is East Harlem.

Your hatred of New York has resulted in hyperbolic statements that make absolutely no sense. And where do you live, Phoenix? I understand that Phoenix has lots of crappy neighborhoods, and lots of illegal immigrants that you were trying to run away from in Peekskill.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM

rubygreta:
Indeed I do hate New York! Thanks to your benevolent government. No, I do not live in Phoenix, I won't even visit there. Why would I, especially after living in Peekskill? I'm not like "dma1250" who brags about how great a place is but chooses not to live there, but urges others to do so. I wouldn't live anywhere in NYC no matter what the neighborhood. NYC is New York State on steroids. You don't dispute my claims, other than to say they are hyperbolic and make no sense. You know damn well that what I'm saying is the truth.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 04-22-2014 at 10:57 AM..

Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM

151 posts, read 404,898 times
I wouldn't send my kids to Peekskill schools; i'll leave it at that.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM

JayJay1980:
Quote:
"I wouldn't send my kids to Peekskill schools; i'll leave it at that."
Thank you JayJay. This was one of the reasons why Peekskill's home values are so low, but in spite of this it was still difficult to sell. The feedback we got from realtor's while selling our home was that many families refused to have their children attend Peekskill City Schools.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
JayJay1980:

Thank you JayJay. This was one of the reasons why Peekskill's home values are so low, but in spite of this it was still difficult to sell. The feedback we got from realtor's while selling our home was that many families refused to have their children attend Peekskill City Schools.
I think you would be a much happier person if you posted on the Arizona thread. Talk about how much you love your new place of residence. We get the point. You hate New York.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:14 PM

425 posts, read 1,213,161 times
I find living here, especially in our area (Westchester) is a love/hate relationship....primarily because of cost of living.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM

rubygreta:
Quote:
"I think you would be a much happier person if you posted on the Arizona thread. Talk about how much you love your new place of residence. We get the point. You hate New York."
I am a much happier person since I left New York. You just can't deal with the fact that you can have a much better quality of life living elsewhere. You don't want to hear the truth about New York and why so many people are leaving I get your point. Don't take my word for it there are plenty of articles that can prove it. I've given you one below, there are many more. I'm guessing that you have voted for and support the politicians and policies that have made it so. Gee, let me guess you are a Democrat? "smash1031" the original poster was inquiring whether he/she should buy a home in Peekskill. Since I've lived there for 30 years, I felt that he/she should know about my experience living there and that there are better alternatives in that area if they must live in New York that they should know about before committing to a 30 year investment in a run down city that's going nowhere. Your partner "dma1250" says how much he/she loves Peekskill yet freely admits that "Peekskill has a lower class population and a good deal of urban grit." Proving my point. I made the mistake of buying a home and living in a city that has as "dma1250" says "all of those annoying side effects of urban grit". I have already posted on the Arizona thread, albeit in a much more positive tone.

Quote:
New Yorkers leaving state at alarming record rate - NY Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.944377
The New York Daily News is hardly a conservative newspaper.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 04-22-2014 at 08:29 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
rubygreta:

I am a much happier person since I left New York. You just can't deal with the fact that you can have a much better quality of life living elsewhere. You don't want to hear the truth about New York and why so many people are leaving I get your point. Don't take my word for it there are plenty of articles that can prove it. I've given you one below, there are many more. I'm guessing that you have voted for and support the politicians and policies that have made it so. Gee, let me guess you are a Democrat? "smash1031" the original poster was inquiring whether he/she should buy a home in Peekskill. Since I've lived there for 30 years, I felt that he/she should know about my experience living there and that there are better alternatives in that area if they must live in New York that they should know about before committing to a 30 year investment in a run down city that's going nowhere. Your partner "dma1250" says how much he/she loves Peekskill yet freely admits that "Peekskill has a lower class population and a good deal of urban grit." Proving my point. I made the mistake of buying a home and living in a city that has as "dma1250" says "all of those annoying side effects of urban grit". I have already posted on the Arizona thread, albeit in a much more positive tone.
This guy won't quit. Five years from now he'll be on the New York thread bashing New York. Well if it makes you happy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County