Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,807 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband may be asked to relocate to the Boca area for work in the summer of 2021. I’m just trying to do my due diligence in case the move does occur. We are currently living in southern CA and have three kiddos (12,10, and 7) in public schools. We would prefer a new or newer home With a budget of around 800-900K. My kids are active with sports ( basketball, tennis and swim teams) and love being outdoors and going to the beach. I’ve heard from friends that Parkland, Wellington, and Palm Beach Gardens are some areas that we should look into due to the school districts and suburban family vibe. I’ve done some research and though there are new housing developments in Parkland, it seems a bit far and close to the Everglades. Parts of west Boca seem nice with new developments as well but how are the school districts there? Is the city kid and family friendly? We also like to eat out so good neighborhood restaurants are important. Any thoughts on any of the above cities or even ones you recommend are much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 01:23 AM

134 posts, read 283,851 times
The only place you mentioned that is relatively near the beach is PB Gardens, nut a nightmare to travel to Boca.

You must consider travel time from Boca to your home. Traffic is bad.. if you move to Parkland, your husband will have the easiest travel to work. I think Parkland is nice.. but I have no personal experience.. others will tell you.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:01 AM

27,245 posts, read 44,232,998 times
Throughout SE Florida that east-west traffic is horrible due to lack of uninterrupted traffic flow, so a few mile trip can take 30 minutes or more with long traffic lights. The same applies in Boca so I would suggest staying east of Military Trail when house hunting in order to be closer to the beach as well as your husband's likely work location...but also do bear in mind your price range takes you out of new/newer construction in Boca proper. However there are may very nice older homes that have been fully updated and are well under 900K. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...83,13&qdm=true

Old 01-11-2021, 11:42 AM

18 posts, read 19,542 times
I’m a realtor and grew up in South Florida . Wellington is really beautiful and great for kids. A lot of people are moving from Parkland and West Boca and going to Wellington . You get such a beautiful home for that price too. Let me know if you need any help Have a great day

Old 02-09-2021, 01:28 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,170,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Throughout SE Florida that east-west traffic is horrible due to lack of uninterrupted traffic flow, so a few mile trip can take 30 minutes or more with long traffic lights. The same applies in Boca so I would suggest staying east of Military Trail when house hunting in order to be closer to the beach as well as your husband's likely work location...but also do bear in mind your price range takes you out of new/newer construction in Boca proper. However there are may very nice older homes that have been fully updated and are well under 900K. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...83,13&qdm=true
THIS!!

We give distances in times not miles.

A bad commute in South Florida can ruin your life.

I live approximately 1.5 miles from my BFF and it takes me 20 minutes to get to her house. I have to go under a major river and through three major intersections.

Do whatever humanly possible to stay off I95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach