Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 04:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,855,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
What are those dreadful trouser-boot things he's wearing? Is he going fishing or what?
Yes.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,553,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
President Kekkonen was hipster even before hipster became hipster:

Believe it or not, this pic is from 1975, not from Berlin in 2015.
Waders there called in the uk.

Source: my old mans fishing mad

Old 10-16-2015, 05:57 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,965,104 times
Was just at a Latin American bar. Corn chips and guacamole, beer and good music. 10/10 would go again.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,453,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Was just at a Latin American bar. Corn chips and guacamole, beer and good music. 10/10 would go again.
Here I kind of like the Mexican Post. I haven't been there in a while though.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Here I kind of like the Mexican Post. I haven't been there in a while though.
I actually had to go for a uni assignment, lol. For my elective.

I'd definitely go there again for leisure. I'd enjoy it more that way.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I actually had to go for a uni assignment, lol. For my elective.

I'd definitely go there again for leisure. I'd enjoy it more that way.
I always liked going to that restaurant in the wintertime. Not that I really feel a need to escape winter weather.. not at all... but the contrast in mood is sort of interesting. And perhaps it was always just a coincidence that I tended to eat there in the winter months. Some very nice and fitting decorations there. But the last time or two I was there, I was disappointed that they weren't playing Latin American music. That detracted from the vibe.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I always liked going to that restaurant in the wintertime. Not that I really feel a need to escape winter weather.. not at all... but the contrast in mood is sort of interesting. And perhaps it was always just a coincidence that I tended to eat there in the winter months. Some very nice and fitting decorations there. But the last time or two I was there, I was disappointed that they weren't playing Latin American music. That detracted from the vibe.
We actually had a live band in a corner of the room, and it was pretty good. (pretty much the reason I went lol.) Definitely a summer thing here, with the large windows and bright decor yet still having a dim "bar" feel. The crowd was mostly young but there were a few oldies here and there.

In the winter, I want to do nothing but snuggle up in warm clothes, watch the rain and play video games. So comfy.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
We actually had a live band in a corner of the room, and it was pretty good. (pretty much the reason I went lol.) Definitely a summer thing here, with the large windows and bright decor yet still having a dim "bar" feel. The crowd was mostly young but there were a few oldies here and there.

In the winter, I want to do nothing but snuggle up in warm clothes, watch the rain and play video games. So comfy.
Well, yeah, cold weather is cozier. Though I also like to do things, go out of the house, etc., in winter and fall. In summer, I just want to avoid the heat.

Last edited by snj90; 10-16-2015 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-16-2015, 09:40 AM

Oh dear... someone bumped this thread.

Ohio should be considered a Northeastern state

Old 10-16-2015, 09:58 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,527,418 times
Not too happy this morning.

The Falcons lost to the g-dammed Saints last night - I never saw so many g-dammed "miscues" in my life. I HATE the Saints and I HATE the Superdome - everybody with half a brain knows that place is cursed with the ghosts of Katrina - why haven't they destroyed that horrid, god-awful monstrosity by now?

The gets me up on the wrong side of bed this morning - of course I should have stayed home to do nothing - but no, I was stupid enough to go to the tag off to get tags renewed, since I didn't get a renewal notice like I usually do. And guess what, the computers are down - for the whole g-dammed state! What is it with computers going down lately - Southwest, my fave airline, they had theirs go down for a day, royally screwing things up for 1000's of passengers, and the hiking shoes I ordered, which I really needed to go hiking in this weekend, were "unable to deliver due to incomplete address." Good grief, Charlie Brown - this is the g-dammed year 2015 - this kind of crap isn't supposed to happen anymore. And everywhere I turn, everything's falling apart.

Getting ready to go to the booze store - that's one place that's always a pleasant experience. Perhaps my day can be salvaged after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather