Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 08:12 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,913,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You have started 5 or 6 threads on the same exact topic. On many forum making that many threads on the same topic categorizes you as a spammer. Personally, if I was a mod here I would have combined them all into one thread or have told you to knock it off.
LOL. I counted 20 threads he started on just the first page here, over half have zero response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Well this place said VIDEO GAMES and that includes the Switch. I don't get why there is such a huge walled garden between Switch fans and regular users? Switch fans hate anything non Switch and vica versa. It' makes it REALLY toxic to get anything said which so far is the story of my f'king life! Nintendo was obviously dumb then trying to show adults playing on the Switch which didn't seem to really grab.

OP calm down. I don't even know what "the switch" is. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt and being honest, there is no interest here in this forum in the specialized topic you want to discuss. This is a subforum in a larger community that mostly regards U.S. state and city issues. This site is called CITYDATA, not VideoGameData. As a whole, the site doesn't specialize in video game discussions and you won't have a huge reader base here in this forum, most of the discussions here are generic from people passing by from other subforums at this site.
Do I start 20 topics on the "Total War" franchise? No of course not. One will do. There might be a better site to discuss your specific video game interests.

Last edited by Dd714; 02-14-2022 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 04:33 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,023,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
LOL. I counted 20 threads he started on just the first page here, over half have zero response.

OP calm down. I don't even know what "the switch" is. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt and being honest, there is no interest here in this forum in the specialized topic you want to discuss. This is a subforum in a larger community that mostly regards U.S. state and city issues. This site is called CITYDATA, not VideoGameData. As a whole, the site doesn't specialize in video game discussions and you won't have a huge reader base here in this forum, most of the discussions here are generic from people passing by from other subforums at this site.
Do I start 20 topics on the "Total War" franchise? No of course not. One will do. There might be a better site to discuss your specific video game interests.
Lets face it. Rome Total War is the best one of the franchise.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Lets face it. Rome Total War is the best one of the franchise.
They now have Rome Total War remastered on Steam by the way, not the lame Rome Total War II, but the original with better graphics and some UI improvements.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:30 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,023,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
They now have Rome Total War remastered on Steam by the way, not the lame Rome Total War II, but the original with better graphics and some UI improvements.
I saw some videos on youtube about that. Have you tried it? Is it worth getting?

Old 02-16-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I saw some videos on youtube about that. Have you tried it? Is it worth getting?
I did indeed purchase it on steam during the winter sale but then returned it for credit because of the system requirements which appear to far exceed the original Rome total war. It was too much for my system (see last paragraph). Got good reviews on Steam however.

I started up the original Rome Total War, which runs like a top on my system with no slowdowns at all, it was like visiting an old friend.

Some explanation here: I do my PC gaming on a windows tablet believe it or not (I like the portability), a fairly advanced Surface Pro (for a tablet anyways), using a multi button programmable mouse that acts as a keyboard and mouse combination. However it is still a tablet and thus limited due to the inboard graphics card. It just ran to slow. All the Total Wars up to and including Shogun II work great on it, even with large unit sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games