Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:23 PM

927 posts, read 587,412 times

Advertisements

Wass this forum ever alive at one point or was it always one topic every month from a different user? I can get more activity in the Kakiriko Village Graveyard chasing after Poes IN THE DAYTIME then ever hope for a realistic response on here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 02:25 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
You are here now, so - envigorate!

Oooops, I see you tried that already...

Old 01-02-2022, 03:54 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
I think the community here is mostly older (with the city/geography theme and the bulletin-board format), so not much into gaming. It's just much easier to discuss and find the information you need on Reddit or websites actually dedicated to the subject.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:34 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,868,050 times
This forum used to be more active. I've noticed a lot of sub forums are slowing way down on city-data the last 2-3 years. There's a lot of older folks on city-data, so maybe a bunch died.?.

Also, ya, reddit has a very active gaming community.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:02 PM

35,099 posts, read 31,350,535 times
This isn't a gaming board. Also, traditional message boards like this are struggling with social media.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:10 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Too busy playing the game of life.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:10 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,428,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Why is this section so dead with hardly any topics?

Wass this forum ever alive at one point or was it always one topic every month from a different user?
I think you are doing a pretty good job of livening things up a bit here.

I think what some of the others have said may be correct in that many of the members here are older and maybe not so much into gaming. I however, am one of those "older" members and consider myself a gamer (pc). But to be honest, some of the games and things people have been posting about I've never even heard of.

I pulled this report from December of 2021 that shows both top selling games from November, and also top selling games for all of 2021 and the only games on the list that I play are the two Call of Duty games (Black Ops: Cold War and Vanguard) which are the numbers #1 and #2 games for the year. I think I am probably the only CD member who regularly plays the Call Of Duty Games. These games are at the very pulse of popular gaming each year and have been for years. I am always SHOCKED at how few people here play COD.

https://www.npd.com/news/entertainme...0-video-games/

As far as other games go, you can find lots of game specific discussions on Discord, Reddit or dedicated game forums. Here, its more casual.

My active gaming list consists of the following games, if you or anyone else wanted to discuss any of these I'd be happy to actively participate in a thread discussing them:

Call Of Duty: Vanguard
The Elder Scrolls Online
Genshin Impact
Valorant
League Of Legends (occasionally, but this is one of the most popular games worldwide with 115 million avg monthly players)

Old 01-06-2022, 04:02 PM

1,378 posts, read 414,054 times
I'm older but I don't play COD. I play Fornite and Rogue Company. Plus some more mellow games. I also work full time and have a lot of life issues going on at the moment. As I stated in another thread...many of us are busy playing the games. What's to discuss?
Tell us what we need to be talking about. The other person is right...this is a message board not an actual gaming site. The actual gaming sites are full of people who gripe about the games and the game makers and the platforms they play on. When they're not discussing fake leaks. I'd rather be playing my games.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:17 AM

927 posts, read 587,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciKS View Post
I'm older but I don't play COD. I play Fornite and Rogue Company. Plus some more mellow games. I also work full time and have a lot of life issues going on at the moment. As I stated in another thread...many of us are busy playing the games. What's to discuss?
Tell us what we need to be talking about. The other person is right...this is a message board not an actual gaming site. The actual gaming sites are full of people who gripe about the games and the game makers and the platforms they play on. When they're not discussing fake leaks. I'd rather be playing my games.
Then in that case it's time to scrap this section entirely instead of pretending to be open for discussion. It seems since Covid gaming has taken a back seat approach.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:29 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,721,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Then in that case it's time to scrap this section entirely instead of pretending to be open for discussion. It seems since Covid gaming has taken a back seat approach.
What are you even talking about? Since... Covid... gaming has... what? Since Covid gaming has EXPLODED. I don't know where you get your information from. And because it's not active enough for you... it should be scrapped?
This is flat out not the forum for you. It skews to an older crowd. And this website tries to be everything to everyone. It's honestly too much.
But... we don't play Pokemon.
Not one person here plays Rocket League (except me).
There are very few Switch gamers here. Mostly PC and PS/Xbox.

There are a MILLION Gaming forums out there:
https://www.vgr.com/forum/

https://www.joyfreak.com/

https://www.resetera.com/forums/gaming-forum.7/

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/big-ga...deo-game-talk/

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games