Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 AM

536 posts, read 830,008 times

Advertisements

Summary for those that don't want to read the article:

19 year old kid playing League of Legends.

Someone calls him "insane".

He replies ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’

His next two lines were "LOL" and "JK"

Some Canadian lady looked up his address in Texas and reported him to police. He was arrested a month later, and has been in jail since March. He's facing 8 years in prison for making a terrorist threat.

It was a really stupid thing to say, but I think this is pretty crazy.

Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
We live in an easily offended world today. Cannot even wave or say hi anymore without pissing someone off or making them think you have mental issues. Did the kid go too far? Depends on who you ask. Teens are still not fully mature

Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Damn Canadians.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Damn justice system. Totally screwed up.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:28 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
Does not surprise me...we are the same society that has expelled 2nd graders from school for hugging classmates, persecuted a woman for using a racial slur 27 years ago, led a kindergartener away from a daycare and put him in a cop car for building a gun-shaped toy out of sticks...

As a whole, we are out of control with things like this.

Did they find any evidence at his home that would lead them to suspect he was planning on carrying out something like shooting up a school? Have they really held him in jail for months based on a single statement?

Tactless - most definitely. He's an idiot for having said something like that. If it ended there...the police are idiots for reacting so badly.

Where have all the rational people gone?!

Old 06-29-2013, 02:15 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
I think we should just ban League of Legends due to this incident.

Spoiler

/sarcasm

Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
Does not surprise me...we are the same society that has expelled 2nd graders from school for hugging classmates, persecuted a woman for using a racial slur 27 years ago, led a kindergartener away from a daycare and put him in a cop car for building a gun-shaped toy out of sticks...

As a whole, we are out of control with things like this.

Did they find any evidence at his home that would lead them to suspect he was planning on carrying out something like shooting up a school? Have they really held him in jail for months based on a single statement?

Tactless - most definitely. He's an idiot for having said something like that. If it ended there...the police are idiots for reacting so badly.

Where have all the rational people gone?!
We are actually the majority, you just seem to give attention to all the crazies for some reason.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM

688 posts, read 897,346 times
I don't know how they can jail him without some kind of evidence that he actually has plans to do what he joked about.

Was the joke in bad taste? Yes. Was it unlawful? No.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,394,567 times
lol- I've said some real foul *ish while playing online, never said anything about eating kids tho'......that's cannibalism =D

Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Sounds like the UK's tolerance of free speech is moving to the US. Nothing short of what I would expect for this day and age tbh. All they have to do is say terrorist, Boston or 911 and everybody cringes and gives up their rights.

I should probably hold my tongue in future, specially since we have a lot of Canadians in my clan :|
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games