Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 24,143 times

Advertisements

My husband recently got a job in Provo. We have heard to avoid south Provo and Springville due to crime and bad schools. We were wondering how people feel about Spanish Fork. Are there places to shop there, like a walmart? What about going out to eat, are there any nicier restaurants (like outback steakhouse?) Is it hard to re-sell a house there? We are looking in the newer neighborhoods $250,000 range. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 AM

153 posts, read 564,225 times
I´ve lived in both Springville and Spanish Fork, and me personally, would rather be in Springville. But of course that's all personal opinion. I dont see the difference in crime at all (I've never had any run in's with anything, nor have I felt threatened with anything, but I do keep my doors locked 24/7 no matter where I live), it all depends on where you live in each (and every) city and who you are. Schools, my kids are in elementary school in Springville and I've been pleased with the efforts my childrens teachers have put out towards my kids individually. I went to both Springville and Spanish Fork for jr high and high school...again, I feel they're pretty equal. Spanish Fork is more "cowboy"....unless you like that. I cant say much for (south)Provo, I've only lived there breifly and didnt utilize the school system, other than....south provo has a bit of a eye sore area.

Walmart is in Springville, but right off the freeway, so it's accessible from anywhere really with out any problem at all. SF has 2 grocery stores and a Kmart and Shopko. You wont find much for restaurants besides fast food. You'll have to go to Provo or Orem and more north for restaurants. Springville has 2 other grocery stores and other local establshments, not any big box stores at all (besides walmart).

You can definitely get a decent sized house for that price. As far as reselling, I have no idea, I see tons of houses for sale, for weeks and months with no change.

Mapleton is nice too...that's where I grew up. Very good place to raise kids, very safe.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM

5 posts, read 24,143 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for your post, that is very helpful. There are actually homes I like more in Springville, but was skeptical of them because of other people that didn't like the area. Also, they didn't have basements... they are big beautiful houses and I'd like to live in them, but is the rumor true that you have to have a basement in utah or forget ever trying to sell it?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,691 times
We sold our home without a basement with no problem at all. I think it would depend on the homes in the area. If they all have basements and yours doesn't, it might be harder to sell then if they all don't have basements.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 AM

153 posts, read 564,225 times
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the basements. Usually either a subdivision either has them or doesnt. I also think there's less and less basements being included with new houses...just from my observation.

Just curious, were you talking about the Fieldstone homes? (if so)...I live just north, up the street.

Dont take people's opinion too seriously, because what works for one person, wont work for another

Where are you moving from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: