Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 02:46 AM

106,704 posts, read 108,880,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Have you called an EZ-pass with your rental plate number? You suppose to do that.
That could explain they charged your ezpass and then the rental got charged by mail?
So the rental had to charge you?

It is all so messed up - software problems for double charging?
So it is EZ pass fault and yours if you didn’t tell them the rental plate number - you have to tell them the dates you rent it too…
i dealt only with avis ,eventually they saw i was right and credited me.

it wouldn’t have been an issue from the start if the customer rep understood on their end that those were the toll dates shown and not the dates the rental car company got forwarded the charges .

they tell you in the instructions on their pass in the car you need to do nothing if you use your own pass , just don’t open the protective doors that activate their pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 03:04 AM

844 posts, read 1,658,167 times
I got a car with underinflated tires when I rented from Avis at Charlotte, I ended up with a tire blowout on the highway.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:13 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,950,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Yep. I'm right with everyone here. **** Avis.

In 2021 my partner and I rented a car for a week and a half, flying into St. Louis and out of Chicago (seeing some friends and some sites along the way). A couple weeks later I got a surprise bill for $450 because the vehicle was returned "with a strong cigarette smoke smell". I've never smoked a day in my life, and never noticed any pre-existing smoke smell while we had the car.

I called Avis and offered to take a tobacco saliva/blood test to prove I hadn't smoked, but they wouldn't budge. $450. I tried to have my credit card company fight it and they didn't have anything to vindicate me, so I ended up just eating the bill. Only rented with Enterprise ever since.
Yeah, Enterprise- National- Alamo do not charge a cent for smoke or smell cleaning in cars. They label it OZONE and the customer is free from any liability.

Again, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:53 AM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Yeah, Enterprise- National- Alamo do not charge a cent for smoke or smell cleaning in cars. They label it OZONE and the customer is free from any liability.

Again, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Dealing with Enterprise is no great joy either. My wife was an insurance adjuster and when she needed a car for business, she would rent one from Enterprise per corporate instructions. In general, the vehicles were dirty and grungy.

Also, one time she needed to rent a FULL-SIZED car from Enterprise and was given a Toyota Corolla ... the rookie at the counter tried to argue that it was a full sized car ...

My experience with Enterprise is that is that it is not the cheapest AND you don't get what you pay for.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:17 AM

3,216 posts, read 1,677,142 times
Go rent with Turo, much better prices and more variety of cars.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:24 PM

537 posts, read 446,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Dealing with Enterprise is no great joy either. My wife was an insurance adjuster and when she needed a car for business, she would rent one from Enterprise per corporate instructions. In general, the vehicles were dirty and grungy.

Also, one time she needed to rent a FULL-SIZED car from Enterprise and was given a Toyota Corolla ... the rookie at the counter tried to argue that it was a full sized car ...

My experience with Enterprise is that is that it is not the cheapest AND you don't get what you pay for.
Chances are it's the location of Enterprise that's not operating by company policy.

Enterprise reps are 100% college grads, and often just out of the university. The company used to make them wear dress shirts and ties--even on hot days.

It's the rental agent that's most often responsible for cleaning the car and running it thru their car wash at their location. I don't know how they did it--on hot summer days.

Enterprise remains the cream of the crop. And they're individually owned. Complain to corporate and some changes will happen immediately at their locations.

I rent from Hertz because my Mega company had a fleet discount rate with them. Although I've been retired 15 years, my card still gives me discounts no other rental company will touch.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:00 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,732 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
Chances are it's the location of Enterprise that's not operating by company policy.

Enterprise remains the cream of the crop. And they're individually owned. Complain to corporate and some changes will happen immediately at their locations.

I rent from Hertz because my Mega company had a fleet discount rate with them. Although I've been retired 15 years, my card still gives me discounts no other rental company will touch.
Enterprise preferred, (miss the $9.95/ day, love the free 'delivery / pickup' service) but sticking with the mega corp discount. ~50-80 rentals per yr with Avis. +/-. 'Preferred' status makes it bearable. Their web and CS (India) interface is atrocious. You'll never resolve your issue, just get frustrated and give up. Some CS agents at locations will bend over backwards to help you (within reason). Spent more than one night / yr sleeping in car or airport because location is closed when supposed to be open. Only once did I arrive and my car was not there, but their policy of 45 min delay, then giving car away is stressful when you're sitting in the aircraft waiting for an open gate to disembark.

Old 05-25-2023, 03:25 AM

5,721 posts, read 4,696,002 times
Got shafted by Avis in February. Had the the rental in December. Months later they told us they had to replace the windshield on the vehicle. Windshield was the only thing that wasn’t trashed. Tried fighting it but Avis refused to show a receipt from the repair. Amex covered most of it. Last time we use Avis.

Old 06-20-2023, 04:12 PM

4,612 posts, read 3,005,102 times
I'm not a frequent renter, but I had a good experience with Alamo recently.
Hadn't used them before, but I think I'll look to them first for future rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel