Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:48 AM

7,782 posts, read 10,275,860 times

Advertisements

This reads a bit too booster/cheerleader-y, but I don't disagree with any of it.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...t-but-why.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,435,797 times
That's why I don't fly Jetblue.

I stick to Delta and United.

Unlike Southwest, I get to pick my own seat in advance and the lines for everything don't stretch to Mars and back. Luggage fee is worth it.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:06 PM

6,770 posts, read 6,057,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Nope, I don't help. Too many people pack rocks in bags, and I'm not taking the chance of hurting myself or someone else because someone is too selfish to realize they can't handle their bags and refuse to check them.
I try to help when I can, but usually I'm not directly behind the person needing the help. More often, I can help someone retrieve their bag at the end of a flight, and they're always thankful. Flying is a stressful and trying experience at best, and it's always nice when people help each other out.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
That's why I don't fly Jetblue.

I stick to Delta and United.

Unlike Southwest, I get to pick my own seat in advance and the lines for everything don't stretch to Mars and back. Luggage fee is worth it.
What's why?? You don't make sense. So you don't fly Jetblue because they will begin charging a bag fee next year? And because they will reduce their legroom in two years? That's why you didnt fly them in the past? Not to mention that their legroom, post-reduction in two years will still be larger than Delta and United's are today.

Anyway, I'm really not a JetBlue fanboy, but I do think they are the best airline to fly in the US. Their free snacks are easily the best and free TV and free wifi too? Awesome! I still select flights by price and convenience (fewest/shortest layovers) but I'm always pleased when it turns out to be JetBlue.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
What's why?? You don't make sense. So you don't fly Jetblue because they will begin charging a bag fee next year? And because they will reduce their legroom in two years? That's why you didnt fly them in the past? Not to mention that their legroom, post-reduction in two years will still be larger than Delta and United's are today.

Anyway, I'm really not a JetBlue fanboy, but I do think they are the best airline to fly in the US. Their free snacks are easily the best and free TV and free wifi too? Awesome! I still select flights by price and convenience (fewest/shortest layovers) but I'm always pleased when it turns out to be JetBlue.
They don't charge for wifi? I didn't know that. Anyway, I'm planning to start my own airline which will provide free meals, free wifi, and free checked bags (up to 3), plus extra large overhead bins. And two doors, so people can board from both ends!

I just need about $10 billion. Stay tuned.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:09 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,435,797 times
Quote:

I don't fly Jetblue AND Southwest.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I don't fly Jetblue AND Southwest.
Yeah, you but your reason makes no sense. You don't have to fly Jetblue, but you can't say "that's why" since the only "that" was a reason TO fly. Anyway, i have no reason to care so i'll shut up now. Just found your post very funny like you didnt bother fitting your statement into the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
They don't charge for wifi? I didn't know that. Anyway, I'm planning to start my own airline which will provide free meals, free wifi, and free checked bags (up to 3), plus extra large overhead bins. And two doors, so people can board from both ends!

I just need about $10 billion. Stay tuned.
LOL, keep us posted. And I've had it free the few times I've flown with them and wifi was offered, and the article states that they plan to keep it free and roll it out to the rest of their fleet.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:44 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,639,661 times
LOL didn't realize there was active opposition to Jetblue and Southwest. I don't typically fly with them because they don't cater to business travellers (90% of my flights are booked last minute, and the legacy airlines tend to offer better deals in my experience) but I do enjoy these airlines every time I get a chance to fly them.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
LOL, keep us posted. And I've had it free the few times I've flown with them and wifi was offered, and the article states that they plan to keep it free and roll it out to the rest of their fleet.
My passengers will be able to carry on guns and knives. No more of this confiscating tiny little clippers and so forth. The flight crew will all be armed, so just don't try anything.

The seats will have enough legroom to satisfy an NBA team. Each seat will have AC power and USB ports. Seats will recline nicely without annoying your neighbors. We'll have real food and real drinks. I'm thinking about live entertainment, too. And a slot machine or two next to the lavatory for while you wait.

A joke? No, the real joke is the terrible service we get that is only getting worse. My father told me when he first flew in the 1950s, service was exquisite. All male flight stewards, good food. Fast forward 60 years and it's a total fiasco.

A lot of people would pay real money for great service. You'd think there'd be a way.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:32 AM

19,498 posts, read 28,171,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
A lot of people would pay real money for great service. You'd think there'd be a way.
There is. Buy your own jet. Or use ExecuJets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel