Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times

Advertisements

Simple question. Name some of the best and worst airports that you have ventured in. A description or your experience would be very appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,307,192 times
Best: Minneapolis Was very easy to get from gate to gate on people mover. Airport was modern, spacious, and airline employee's professional and friendly.

Worst: I have had mediocre experiences with countless others but I have never been in a horrible airport.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
I hate LAX. I love LA, but I hate that damn airport--too many bad memories over changing planes in that place and having to actually go outside to get to another terminal and to the next gate and ending up in dismal wing of the airport devoid of anywhere decent to eat after waiting in another long security line. I also really dislike the Phoenix Airport from my trips there...

A lot of airports tend to be similar to me, from O'Hare to Dallas to Boston Logan to Washington Dulles, they're all okay as long as I can get to my gate on time and have time for a drink.

Portland's airport is actually pretty nice--there's never long security lines--and they have good food and shops--they only need more international flights. Denver's airport is nice, likewise Seattle, Minneapolis and Detroit actually are fairly nice--and I like Miami just because it's got decent Cuban food and it really feels like you can hop on a plane fly direct to anywhere in Latin America from there...

Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,173,365 times
For me it's either a bad airport or a "meh" airport. I've never seen one that I really liked a lot but I distinctly remember hating Cleveland's.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,007 times
I've really never liked LAX or McCarran.

But then again, generally speaking, I don't really like airports at all...

Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Pittsburgh may have one of the best setups for larger airports. It was builkt to be a hub but since US Air pulled out it is a bit a ghost town but a preety good layout

Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
I really hated Miami's airport. Awful set up but the Cuban food is good.

I've always like San Diego's because it's so convenient and easy to get through, especially if you're using Terminal 2. I know it's small but the airport in Kona, HI is great because there are no jet ways so you exit from both ends of the plane so it's quick and the airport is completely open to the outside. There are no walls around the ticketing and baggage areas. Honolulu's is somewhat open like that too.

SFO is pretty decent too.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,230,595 times
Very nice: Minneapolis, Fort Lauderdale, Denver, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, Detroit, San Francisco

Decent: Atlanta, Miami, LAX, JFK, Dallas-Ft.Worth, Houston, Phoenix, O'hare

Yuck: Reno

Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,864,953 times
Best: Orlando, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Chicago-Midway

Decent: Las Vegas, Phoenix, LaGuardia

Worst: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood

Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I really hated Miami's airport. Awful set up but the Cuban food is good.

I've always like San Diego's because it's so convenient and easy to get through, especially if you're using Terminal 2. I know it's small but the airport in Kona, HI is great because there are no jet ways so you exit from both ends of the plane so it's quick and the airport is completely open to the outside. There are no walls around the ticketing and baggage areas. Honolulu's is somewhat open like that too.

SFO is pretty decent too.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Kona Airport. The terminal looks like you're waiting a ride for for a ride in Adventureland at Disneyland. It's like the most proper welcome to Hawaii that you could have at an airport.

Yeah, the Miami airport is okay to change planes in, but I forgot about what a ***** it is to just get out of that airport or to the rental car area. San Diego is nice because you basically get to any gate in a few minutes because of the compact size. SFO is nicer since they redid it--though I always end up flying into Oakland or San Jose because of cheap flights from Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel