Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times

Advertisements

I am looking for suggestions for a girl's getaway for Superbowl. I am located in Pa and the others are located in VA. It could drivable or easy to fly to. I know I am not giving many details but I am open to all ideas. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 AM

218 posts, read 483,534 times
talloolla, I may just be girly girl, but my idea of a girls weekend is a spa weekend. There is nothing better than going to a spa to be pampered in the mountains. It is secluded and relaxing. Here are a few of spa resorts in Virginia. (I am from this area so I do not know about girls weekends in the north.)

West Virginia Spa Packages | The Resort at Glade Springs | Spa Vacation Packages WV

The Greenbrier - Spa Packages

KINGSMILL RESORT, Williamsburg VA: Vacation Packages

Virginia Resort & Virginia Spa | The Homestead

My favorite is the homestead. There is a lot more to do than just the spa because that can get expensive pretty quickly. There is a winterwonderland going on right now with ice skating and such. Also, there are outdoor activities to get some of that famous fresh mountain air such as sleigh rides and skeet shooting.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM

167 posts, read 470,157 times
Orlando

Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
New York City?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,580 times
Depends on the budget, and the weather I guess (i.e., driving conditions, airport closures.)

A spa weekend sounds great--perhaps you could find somewhere fabulous that's driveable for everyone.

New York would be terrific, if you can get away Friday night, otherwise not sure it's worth it.

Ditto southern climes. Why Orlando? Not my first choice in Florida, for sure. What about New Orleans?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I like Colonial Williamsburg. However, winter will be in full swing, so consider taking the train to Florida.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Gatlinburg, Tn. Rent a room, condo, or chalet on the edge of the Smokie Mountains. There is always something going on in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Smoky Mountains - Gatlinburg, TN - Gatlinburg, Tennessee - Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce Pigeon Forge, TN the Best Family Vacation Destination Gatlinburg Tourism and Vacations: 107 Things to Do in Gatlinburg, TN | TripAdvisor Scroll down a little and look at "vacation rentals from $96/night. Gatlinburg Family Hotels: Check out 22 hotels with 5,511 reviews | TripAdvisor Gatlinburg has all kinds of shops and the salt water taffy is habit forming! lol You can also take the tram over the mountains to Ober Gatlinburg, a German Ski Lodge. We went up there a couple times to shop around and watch people ice skating on the indoor rink. If any of you are into snow skiing, this is the place for you. Step son and daughter in law love going down every February to ski. Don't know what part of Pa. you're in but we drove from step daughter's in Scranton on interstate (don't remember the number) all the way to I-40 at Knoxville, Tn then on to Gatlinburg. This route took us through Virginia. If you want to fly, Knoxville has a nice airport. Have fun!
One thing I forgot to mention to check out is in Pigeon Forge (There are 2 towns between I 40 and Gatlinburg. Sevierville and Pigeon Forge). Wonder Works. When you drive up you see a huge two story house upside down. Then you walk inside and it's also upside down. But it's an interesting place. Don't know the ages of you nice ladies and I wouldn't dare ask. lol Just saying some of the younger ladies might enjoy this a little more.http://www.wonderworksonline.com/pigeon-forge/

Last edited by kygman; 01-12-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel