Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Don't forget we pay them to play the game. Houston is just a sorry ass sports town. Look at the bright side University of Houston appear to be back on the rise after signing a couple of stout basketball recruits. They even got an invite to the BIG EAST. Honestly every UH basketball game should be CRUNK like a Dunbar vs South Oak Cliff basketball game.
No, Houston isn't a terrible sports city. Thats just a lie. The teams, histrorically, have always remained competitive. Only team that hasnt are the Texans. Plus, Houston hosts a lot of major sporting events.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No, Houston isn't a terrible sports city. Thats just a lie. The teams, histrorically, have always remained competitive. Only team that hasnt are the Texans. Plus, Houston hosts a lot of major sporting events.
Atlanta also host a lot of sporting events ....What does that prove?....The Houston Texans are actually the only team Houston supports. Go figure you rank them at the bottom. So much for your Houston sports credentials.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
keep up. I know they pay them to play, how can I not know they pay them when I said they get paid too much anyway Houston is not a bad sports city, it has one championships.

DFW wins one championship and all of a sudden its head gets big again. well when paying spoiled overpriced idiots to run around with a ball is all a city has to offer, I guess you guys will take it and run with it.
Now I agree with you 100%. Air heads make more money in one pay check than most college educated people will make in a life-time. I never understood that one....

Old 10-15-2011, 04:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Now I agree with you 100%. Air heads make more money in one pay check than most college educated people will make in a life-time. I never understood that one....
Supply and demand. The fans are the ones who empty their pockets at every sporting event. Those airheads make their money fair and square.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Atlanta also host a lot of sporting events ....What does that prove?....The Houston Texans are actually the only team Houston supports. Go figure you rank them at the bottom. So much for your Houston sports credentials.
Your post makes no sense. I wasn't even talking about which team Houston supports the most. Being a football town, of course its the Texans. And I'd consider Atlanta a good sports city, due to all of those events. The Falcons aren't terrible, the Braves have been to a couple of WS, and the Hawks have been better. For a sports fan, there is plenty in Atlanta and Houston. Championships are the goal, but arent the only thing defining a good sports city.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Supply and demand. The fans are the ones who empty their pockets at every sporting event. Those airheads make their money fair and square.
Well I agree with you also...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Your post makes no sense. I wasn't even talking about which team Houston supports the most. Being a football town, of course its the Texans. And I'd consider Atlanta a good sports city, due to all of those events. The Falcons aren't terrible, the Braves have been to a couple of WS, and the Hawks have been better. For a sports fan, there is plenty in Atlanta and Houston. Championships are the goal, but arent the only thing defining a good sports city.
Ok Houston isn't a terrible sports town. DFW just does it better than most cities.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:28 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Compared to other places, Houston isn't a big sports city. Hosting events doens't make a sports city, in my opinion. Most people here barely seem to mention the Astros (unless to make fun), Texans, or Rockets. UH not being a big name NCAA football team doesn't help either.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Ok Houston isn't a terrible sports town. DFW just does it better than most cities.
That I can agree with. Especially with the amount of college games held at Cowboys Stadium. Nice way to pay the bills Jerry.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:26 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Last Ended Season:

Cowboys - missed post season
Rangers - World Series
Stars - missed post season
Mavericks - Champions
FC Dallas - MLS Final
TCU Horned Frogs - Champions

4 teams making it to the final ain't bad.

This season:

Rangers - World Series Champs...I hope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas