Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 08:21 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Too bad you missed the best of Northeast Texas, Tyler. Not at all like the area you did visit. IMHO.
Here we go with the Tyler elitism. NOT AT ALL? Tyler isn't DFW slow your roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 09:25 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,081,697 times
Sorry, Tyler IS elitism to ME but only in East Texas. You still don't KNOW Tyler as well as you think. IMHO, here you go again. lol

Old 03-29-2021, 11:55 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Sorry, Tyler IS elitism to ME but only in East Texas. You still don't KNOW Tyler as well as you think. IMHO, here you go again. lol
Yeah you clearly don't get out of East Texas enough if you think Tyler is not AT ALL like the rest of East Texas. It's not even the most unique city/town in the region. Is it the best city East Texas has to offer? Sure. It has the most amenities and is a pretty safe and family friendly city. "NOT AT ALL" would insinuate that Tyler is completely different than the rest of East Texas. And it's not.

It is not an Asheville,NC, Ann Arbor, MI, or Boulder, CO type of small city. It's not a Greenville,SC nor a Chattanooga,TN type of city. Tyler is a bigger version of what you get in East Texas with a little bit more. It's not an outlier. And no matter how many Tyler elitist try to convince people they're different, to the general public and even Texans the know. Tyler is still East Texas. Still a city that Millennials generally find to have a boring nightlife scene and too conservative just like the rest of East Texas.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:32 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
El Paso, Marfa, Midland-Odessa. Would love to go thoigh

Old 03-29-2021, 12:38 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Yeah you clearly don't get out of East Texas enough if you think Tyler is not AT ALL like the rest of East Texas. It's not even the most unique city/town in the region. Is it the best city East Texas has to offer? Sure. It has the most amenities and is a pretty safe and family friendly city. "NOT AT ALL" would insinuate that Tyler is completely different than the rest of East Texas. And it's not.

It is not an Asheville,NC, Ann Arbor, MI, or Boulder, CO type of small city. It's not a Greenville,SC nor a Chattanooga,TN type of city. Tyler is a bigger version of what you get in East Texas with a little bit more. It's not an outlier. And no matter how many Tyler elitist try to convince people they're different, to the general public and even Texans the know. Tyler is still East Texas. Still a city that Millennials generally find to have a boring nightlife scene and too conservative just like the rest of East Texas.
I don’t know anything about Tyler. But everything you’re saying about Tyler and people trying to cut ties with the rest of East Texas is how I feel about Texans trying to cut ties with the South.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:38 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,081,697 times
Quote:

I get out to drive around all of Northeast Texas. Enjoy the back roads. I'm a Houston-type big city person. You brought up out-of-state cities, not the topic. However, I considered Ashville NC. Visited the city data topic on the area. Many service problems, I still visited found most of the comments confirmed. Not for me. I listed much on city-data how Tyler stands out for East Texas, actually for comparably sized cities in TEXAS, not the United States, sure there seem to better national options out there.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:20 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,371,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
El Paso, Marfa, Midland-Odessa. Would love to go thoigh
You are not missing a lot by not visiting Midessa.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:11 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
I've never been to South Padre Island, or many of the smaller communities in East Texas and Southeast Texas.

And although I've driven through many times I've never stopped to actually experience Temple, Belton, Killeen, Palestine, Jacksonville, or Corsicana.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I've never been to South Padre Island, or many of the smaller communities in East Texas and Southeast Texas.

And although I've driven through many times I've never stopped to actually experience Temple, Belton, Killeen, Palestine, Jacksonville, or Corsicana.
You're not missing much as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:15 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:

I'm a Texarkana native and lived in East Texas for a large chunk of my life. Not criticizing your post or disagreeing with it. While I'm not saying Tyler is removed from the rest of East Texas I will say that compared to other sizeable towns like Longview, Texarkana or Lufkin/Nacogdoches; Tyler offers superior medical care, job opportunities and things to do in town. When I lived in Texarkana, me and a lot of others from across the region went there for treatment. Again not saying Tyler is separate from the rest of the region, but it's pretty much the most important on many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas