Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 07:41 AM

25 posts, read 84,549 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...Good morning to all
Thinking at looking for land around Roan Mountain (Town)
What are your thoughts about the area? Pros/Cons
My appreciation in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
Well a few questions come to mind. Do you need a job when you move there? There isn't much in Roan. It is BEAUTIFUL but there just isn't much there. A few little stores and the roads in and out (down from) there is very steep and curvy, I wouldn't want to try to drive it in the winter. I know there is a GREAT little restaurant up there, but I think that is more Hampton that Roan but still in the area and along HWY 19.
Sorry, don't know if that helps any.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM

25 posts, read 84,549 times
Thanks MBmouse...
I am looking to invest in a little piece of land for the future...something I could pass on to my son (he's 9 :-). We are thinking of staying in FL (jobs & family) for now, but who knows... as you well now its crazy down here in FL . My husband is a chef and I keep having this recurring dream that when we get older we can open a little restaurant in a beautiful place where everyone knows each other :-) So I'm on this quest to find that place...We are going to TN next week for 3 days to look at areas. We are going to Monterey (Cumberland Cove) we are going to see the Dale Hollow area (Cornerstone at Mitchell creek) and we are going to Roan Mountain to look at a couple of lots.
I've been doing a great deal of reading...this forum is very informative. So any advice or info. would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,188 times
We are also interested in the Roan Mountain area when we retire. We had planned a trip this fall, but are going to wait until spring. We have been looking into modular homes and need to find an area that does not have restrictions against these homes. Any help and information about this area will be appreciated.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,117 times
Don't know how to post a message but I'll try here. I had a small company in Chicago and there was a worker named Eugene Holtzclaw who worked with us. I know he started a construction Company in Roan Mountain and was building houses there and I am interested in a nice house to reture in Roan Mountain. Does anyone know how to reach Eugene. Thank you for reading and hope someone knows.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 PM

24 posts, read 69,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P544d1 View Post
Don't know how to post a message but I'll try here. I had a small company in Chicago and there was a worker named Eugene Holtzclaw who worked with us. I know he started a construction Company in Roan Mountain and was building houses there and I am interested in a nice house to reture in Roan Mountain. Does anyone know how to reach Eugene. Thank you for reading and hope someone knows.
I am having a house built near Roan Mountain by a local builder. I will ask him about Eugene and get back to you if I locate him.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,965 times
Default Living in Roan Mountain

Hi,
We, my husband and I have lived in Roan Mountain since 99. We also have a home in Fl, but are not there very much anymore. We had a 33 acre farm that we just sold a short time ago, and now live about 5 minutes down the road. The grocery store is something to think about, but like somebody said, there should be one built soon here, that's what everyone says. The Dollar General comes in real handy for items that you need right away. There is always milk, bread, and canned veggies, no meat or fresh vegetable, but...you will not starve living in Roan Mt, that is for sure.

Moderator cut: advertising not allowed here

But...I do love the East TN area, the people are kind, and living is much slower than other places. There is a new school for the children, and many, many churches. Come and visit, I think you will like what you see, and also the prices, and for all of you in Florida the taxes and insurance are wonderful. That is one of the best parts.

Warm Regards,

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-15-2008 at 07:20 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 AM

8 posts, read 23,931 times
My husband and I are relocating to N.C. or Tenn. We've heard Tenn. is less expensive and were told about Roane Mountain, Tn. Can anyone give me info on long-term home rentals?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee