Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Not sure what that means... Did you know that many countries in Europe fine you based on your annual income?

...If there is still any question as to whether the ticket hits your insurance or not... It does not. Come on people... If I blow a light in a friends borrowed car, his insurance goes up? How could they EVER determine who was driving? It is a fine- to the registered owner of the vehicle, just like parking.

The common sense monster should have come in this thread instantly to smush that idea!
Love your condescending post - thanks -

But my insurance covers all drivers of my car, not just me as a driver - so it would make a lot of sense that my insurance would go up if the driver of my car is driving recklessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,280,188 times
I go way out of my way of cammed red lites.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I go way out of my way of cammed red lites.
Why not just stop for red lights and not worry about the camera?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It's the nuts behind me i worry about stopping. I have a modded 470hp C6 Vette and never get tickets. Never had a ticket in the 30 years i have driven.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Why not just state that you've never ever done anything wrong while driving ever....

Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Why not just state that you've never ever done anything wrong while driving ever....
I just pick the right time and place to be bad.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I just pick the right time and place to be bad.
Mister you're a better man than I...

Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
Question, has anyone ever gotten a camera ticket...or know if there is a red light cam. On the intersection of Brandon Town Center and Highway 60? The road coming out of Brandon Town Center Mall

I was coming out of the mall, and the light was yellow, I was making a left and going kind of fast. Since there was a car tight on my ass I didn't want to brake suddenly and risk an accident. When I passed the line, the light was yellow. Then as I was slowing down I see a camera flash (same color at least) hit the cars to the left of me.

Yeah I am worried because I am driving with a learner's permit, and am worried that a ticket like this can stop me from getting my license.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigchamp View Post
Question, has anyone ever gotten a camera ticket...or know if there is a red light cam. On the intersection of Brandon Town Center and Highway 60? The road coming out of Brandon Town Center Mall

I was coming out of the mall, and the light was yellow, I was making a left and going kind of fast. Since there was a car tight on my ass I didn't want to brake suddenly and risk an accident. When I passed the line, the light was yellow. Then as I was slowing down I see a camera flash (same color at least) hit the cars to the left of me.

Yeah I am worried because I am driving with a learner's permit, and am worried that a ticket like this can stop me from getting my license.
If the car behind you was right on your tailpipe its doubtful your tag could be seen.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:49 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigchamp View Post

to reiterate... even if you did get a ticket, it doesn't affect your license. it is only a fine.

No matter how tight cars are, it will always get your plate. usually people race through yellows and reds right on eachothers asses. the local government took this into account when spending millions and millions of dollars on these systems.

You can drive through the intersection on yellow. i believe if ANY part of yoru car is crossing the white line upon change to red, you get nailed.

either way it is just a fine. dont sweat it. who was in the car with you when it happened? what did they say? they should be teaching you how to drive and offer advice/input in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay