Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 PM

626 posts, read 1,347,849 times

Advertisements

Hey all, looking for opinions on Pasco schools and Hillsborough schools (mainly Elementary and Middle and more of South Pasco and North Hillsborough-Lutz/Citrus Park/LOL/Trinity/Wesley Chapel)

Cliff Notes version:
Looking to move from Pinellas
want a better school environment for my soon to be 4th grader
want less diversity
want a school where parental involvement is encouraged
teachers that give a crap about their students would be great!

I know...high hopes, Im just starting to think that anything is going to be better then our schools in Pinellas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
It all comes down to personal experiences and how easy or difficult your child is.

I have great experiences with WC Elementary school and Weightman Middle School, but my child is very easy and is above average when it comes to learning.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM

626 posts, read 1,347,849 times
What's happening in his school now is that the teacher is spending all of her time with the children that are behavior problems or falling behind in learning. My son is well behaved and has become bored in class because the teacher cant/doesnt teach because shes "constantly paying attention to the 9 that are unruly or those that need extra attention" (her exact words in a conference). It really is lousy when those that are learning at grade level and arent behavior problems get forgotten about.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
If your son can learn above average he might be able to get into gifted advance like my son did, which made a huge difference since most kids in the program are all on one line and there to get the most out of their education. The only negative thing was that only parents can take their kids out of the program so if a child is under performing due to lack of interest and behavior issues, the teachers have to let the child stay....but there were only 2 kids who fell into that category and the teachers were pretty strict so it wasn't causing much of an issue.

Weightman Middle school has an amazing staff for gifted advanced kids and I can promiss you they were not bored one single minute due to the amount of work and all are doing great in High School right now.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 PM

5,017 posts, read 7,220,428 times
If the state Legislature keeps tinkering with things, there won't be any public schools. I'm pretty sure that's their master plan, to get out of the school business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay