Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 09:19 AM

14 posts, read 81,793 times

Advertisements

What is a good place to spend New Year's Eve? I have heard of Channelside and Dinner cruises but I'm looking for other choices too.

Appreciate your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 12:31 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
IN Tampa if you want to be around crowds, Ybor City is the place to be. The Outback Bowl parade, Outback Bowl festivities and Fireworks. Not mention about any type of bar, restaurant, club, live music scene for all walks of life.

Channelside will have fireworks at midnight, and there are a ferw bars/clubs/restaurants in this complex.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:45 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
book a downtown hotel package, and be safe. Stay, and enjoy, if you really need to spend all the money it will cost! Check out the night package hotels will offer! Be Safe!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
book a downtown hotel package, and be safe. Stay, and enjoy, if you really need to spend all the money it will cost! Check out the night package hotels will offer! Be Safe!
That's great advice. The cost of a DUI will be MUCH greater than any hotel room.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 15,893 times
Default Would be interested in ideas as well

My wife and I are looking for somewhere nice to go for New Year's Eve as well. We looked into a dinner cruise, but would really like to go to a local hotel that is sponsoring a New Year's Eve party and hotel room package. If anyone has any feedback, I would love to hear it.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 18,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jque1 View Post
My wife and I are looking for somewhere nice to go for New Year's Eve as well. We looked into a dinner cruise, but would really like to go to a local hotel that is sponsoring a New Year's Eve party and hotel room package. If anyone has any feedback, I would love to hear it.
I am also looking for a hotel with a package deal please let me know if you hear of one. you can even shoot me an e-mail mealena@hotmail.com

Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
If it were me, I would stay in St. Pete at the Renaissance Vinoy (Marriott) and hangout and watch the fireworks at the pier --> http://www.stpetepier.com/.

Marriott also has a hotel at Channelside which is pretty nice and Channelside Tampa will have fireworks --> http://www.channelsidetampa.com (broken link)

Or you could stay at the hotel on Harbour Island (was a Wyndham, may be a Westin now) and have dinner on the water at Jackson's Bistro. I'm sure they will have good food, entertainment, and a great New Year's party. http://www.jacksonsbistro.com

Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 9,840 times
Shawn Browns New Year's Eve Celebration will be great. He is one of the best talents in the area and had a wonderful line up of band to perform all night. You can also book a room at the Embassy Suites-USF to ensure that you have a safe nite.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Skipper's Smokehouse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: