Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 PM

3 posts, read 12,291 times

Advertisements

Hello

We are new to the forum and know nothing about St. Louis.

My family and I are relocating to the area in January 2008. I will be working in the 63119 area (Brentwood/Maplewood). We will be attending a daily Mass at a Catholic Church in the 63104 area (very close to the city) and our children will be attending a private Catholic school in the 63119 area (Crestwood area).

We are looking for a conservative, safe, affordable area to live. I don't think we could afford anything over $250,000. Although our children will be attending a Catholic school, we would like to live in an area with good schools in case we need to move again.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your comments.

Jasen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM

275 posts, read 1,124,659 times
It sounds like you are set on the school and church? If not, and you don't mind commuting, check out Edwardsville, IL. We have great schools, two Catholic schools and 2 Catholic churches. Great family town and about 25 to 30 minutes to downtown St. Louis. You would be able to find a nice home in your price range. If you aren't looking to commute, and are set on the school and church, keep checking back. There are a lot of great St. Louis posters out there that will help you with the info you request.

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenwallace View Post
Hello

My family and I are relocating to the area in January 2008. I will be working in the 63119 area (Brentwood/Maplewood). We will be attending a daily Mass at a Catholic Church in the 63104 area (very close to the city) and our children will be attending a private Catholic school in the 63119 area (Crestwood area).

We are looking for a conservative, safe, affordable area to live. I don't think we could afford anything over $250,000. Although our children will be attending a Catholic school, we would like to live in an area with good schools in case we need to move again.

Jasen

Old 11-06-2007, 02:12 PM

147 posts, read 383,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenwallace View Post
Hello

Jasen
I'd recommend South St. Louis - it would be a great place for you and your family, and your $250k would go pretty far there. Check out the 63139 and 63109 zip codes.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,613,768 times
Go to realtor.com and you can see there are actually some nice 4 bedrooms in the 63119 zip that are under $250,000. Like this one: Single Family Home - 538 Clark Ave, Webster Groves, MO, 63119 - Realtor.com

Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,960 times
Default st louis

Well I have lived in Texas ,Ill and Ok......Give me Missouri any day....Love the 4 seasons If you have allergies you might have some trouble, we have a lot of different plant life here....We get snow ...but we are never "snowed in" lasts only about 12 to 18 hours, not days....the colors of the trees are beautiful ( this year we have had some drought so the colors are not as brilliant.) Good place to live is West County or South County Hope this helps There are some very good catholic schools all over the St. Louis area....

Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM

3 posts, read 10,967 times
Default Rock Hill

My husband and I and our two small children live in Rock Hill which is in the 63119 area. It's in the Webster school district. It's very safe and we are always out and about walking around the neighborhood. We are actually moving out of St. Louis for a job. We have a nice updated ranch for sale in your price range. It's good schools and we have a park that backs to our house. Plus we're close to anything. There are lots of Catholic schools around. We are in between St. Mary Magdalen in Brentwood and St. Genevieve du bois in Warson Woods. Both great schools. We are at the corner of Manchester and McKnight.

Check it out:
Single Family Home - 1133 Rockman Place, Rock Hill, MO, 63119 - Realtor.com

We're sad to be leaving but my husband got an offer in Colorado that he just couldn't pass up.

But you'll be happy in St. Louis most places you choose to live. My daughter has been going to Webster Hills Preschool and it's been wonderful. I can definitely recommend that. It's right next door to Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church/School which gets high remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis