Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 02:25 PM

8 posts, read 15,473 times

Advertisements

Alright! We are definately moving to the Springfield area!! I have been searching the forums and I am liking what I am seeing overall. The houses are looking great for the price and the locals seem to be friendly and a lot like us overall......Christian, conservative, traditional, etc. My biggest question that I have not seen asked or discussed is how the schools or shich schools are the best for special needs children. I have an autisitc child that mainstreams school. Although he does great in a regular classroom setting, he does need some special attention and a lot of understanding and acceptance. I would like to know which schools are the best suited to handle this and are the most willing to help students like mine rather than fighting the parents so they don't have to spend the money. This is extremely important to me and I would really like honest answers about teachers, staff, faculty, and the overall attitudes of the student body and other parents. We are also considering a service animal to help him, which schools are more progressive with this sort of thing? Another huge concern is bullying and violence in the school. We have to make sure he is in a school with 0 tolerance policies that actually enforce these rules (with common sense of course). Thanks for any help. If it helps, we are looking for houses around the $200,000 range. That may help with community choices.
Also, are there any support groups and special services such as clinics, therapists, and social groups that specialize in autism and asperger's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 AM

8 posts, read 15,473 times
No opinions? I would really like to hear from parents and educators in the area. Is Nixa a better choice for what we need? I have no idea what the schools are like in this area and would love some input from those of you who are there. Surely with the rate of children diagnosed there are already many families in the area dealing with autism and other special attentions for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area