Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 08:19 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,427,738 times

Advertisements

After last years US Open at Pinehurst, Trump was quoted bashing Pinehurst #2 because it did not look like premier golf courses are supposed to look like. According to him.
I live near Pinehurst so of course all the local papers rave about the "new #2 rebuild" and it gets positive reviews and the USGA loves what they did with the course.

Last week it was announced the US Open was returning to #2 in 2024 but reading over the schedule I don't see any Trump courses on the Open schedule.

Did Trump stick his foot in his mouth by dissing Pinehurst #2 a course which the USGA loves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 02:21 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,628,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
After last years US Open at Pinehurst, Trump was quoted bashing Pinehurst #2 because it did not look like premier golf courses are supposed to look like. According to him.
I live near Pinehurst so of course all the local papers rave about the "new #2 rebuild" and it gets positive reviews and the USGA loves what they did with the course.

Last week it was announced the US Open was returning to #2 in 2024 but reading over the schedule I don't see any Trump courses on the Open schedule.

Did Trump stick his foot in his mouth by dissing Pinehurst #2 a course which the USGA loves?
Trump couldn't care less what the USGA thinks, or what the media thinks, or what you, or me, or anybody else thinks. Trump does his own thing. He doesn't follow what the rest of the pack does. He's not politically correct. He says and does whatever he wants, and he's currently in first place in the run for president.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:35 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,427,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Trump couldn't care less what the USGA thinks, or what the media thinks, or what you, or me, or anybody else thinks. Trump does his own thing. He doesn't follow what the rest of the pack does. He's not politically correct. He says and does whatever he wants, and he's currently in first place in the run for president.
What does your post have to do about Trumps golf fantasy. I thought all the Trump drones were on the Politics forum.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:44 AM

6,597 posts, read 11,329,068 times
I'd prefer to have the decision be made on the merits of the course itself, and not who owns or doesn't own the course. But we live in a world where perception is reality. So I'm sure the Trump name will be a factor.

As for #2 - I personally liked what they did with it.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,147,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I'd prefer to have the decision be made on the merits of the course itself, and not who owns or doesn't own the course. But we live in a world where perception is reality. So I'm sure the Trump name will be a factor.

As for #2 - I personally liked what they did with it.
you mean Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports