Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 12:39 AM

634 posts, read 328,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
Does anyone know what the "Doggie Dogs Express" is supposed to be? There's an "Opening Soon" sign on Broad St. next to Chick-Fil-A but I don't see any additional signs. It looks like it may be a hotdog place on the corner of the building with the laundromat but i am not sure...
Quote:
It looks like it may be a hotdog place
Quote:
a hotdog place
Awww man.... now I'm sad because I'm missing Duncan Dogs. Those half-pound Nathan's footlong dogs (the Texan dog was my favorite), and the yakimandu that his wife cooked... If only I could have knowingly eaten there one last time, rather than come home from overseas and find out they had closed down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 12:41 PM

82 posts, read 73,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Awww man.... now I'm sad because I'm missing Duncan Dogs. Those half-pound Nathan's footlong dogs (the Texan dog was my favorite), and the yakimandu that his wife cooked... If only I could have knowingly eaten there one last time, rather than come home from overseas and find out they had closed down.
Yeah, Duncan Dogs and Rascals were both good! Duncan Dogs boiled or steamed hotdogs, while Rascals grilled them.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:55 PM

634 posts, read 328,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
Yeah, Duncan Dogs and Rascals were both good! Duncan Dogs boiled or steamed hotdogs, while Rascals grilled them.
Never heard of Rascal’s so I figured it was from before my time in the area but it looks like I got here while they were open and they shut down a few years later when I was out of the country. Shame too because pics of the food make it look good. I wish I had known about it or ever had it recommended to me.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:39 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
My first thoughts was maybe Dollar General since that is possibly the last one in Sumter area in a shopping center. But, like you said, its not all that easy to get to. Kind of an odd place for one. They've got the new Dollar General in 521 south open near Continental. We went in there a couple Sundays ago and it's pretty nice!
Looks like it's going to be a Dollar Tree, I saw it in the Item today. A 10,000 square feet store at 310 Pinewood Road. It's an odd place for a retail space that size, right at the foot of the bridge, but they will no shortage of customers. So, you wasn't too far off, you came close, still a dollar store.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:53 AM

217 posts, read 240,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Looks like it's going to be a Dollar Tree, I saw it in the Item today. A 10,000 square feet store at 310 Pinewood Road. It's an odd place for a retail space that size, right at the foot of the bridge, but they will no shortage of customers. So, you wasn't too far off, you came close, still a dollar store.
Realtors must want top dollar for the former Rite Aid locations seeing that Dollartree decided to build a entire new building than remodel the Rite Aid at a high traffic corner lot.

I'm surprised the Dollar General next to IGA hasn't moved to its own larger freestanding building. The new Dollartree may force
their hand.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Realtors must want top dollar for the former Rite Aid locations seeing that Dollartree decided to build a entire new building than remodel the Rite Aid at a high traffic corner lot.

I'm surprised the Dollar General next to IGA hasn't moved to its own larger freestanding building. The new Dollartree may force
their hand.
I could be wrong, but I think that's the only DG that's not in it's own building. I heard those Rite Aid stores are pretty pricey to own and rent, especially the one on Broad street. The Broad street store is an excellent location, with maximum exposure but it's still sitting empty. So, maybe it's some truth to that, and it's been like that before the pandemic.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:20 PM

93 posts, read 90,139 times
Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think that's the only DG that's not in it's own building. I heard those Rite Aid stores are pretty pricey to own and rent, especially the one on Broad street. The Broad street store is an excellent location, with maximum exposure but it's still sitting empty. So, maybe it's some truth to that, and it's been like that before the pandemic.
I'm sure I've already said it on here, but the Rite Aid on McCrays/Pinewood would be a perfect place for another Chick-Fil-A.

I also have another random idea. The lot where Club Miami used to be on 378 across from the base. I "think" Glasscock owns that now. But I think that would be a perfect spot for a parking lot to watch the planes fly in and take off. Speaking from a newbies point of view. I like watching the planes. Lol. It could be nicely paved with parking spots and maybe a couple picnic tables. Lighted of course. And cameras cz I'm sure some not so nice folk may wanna stop by there. Maybe dedicated to the recent fallen airmen? Or something to that nature. Idk. Just a random idea that keeps coming up in my mind. But it may not be the best safest location for that.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I'm sure I've already said it on here, but the Rite Aid on McCrays/Pinewood would be a perfect place for another Chick-Fil-A.

I also have another random idea. The lot where Club Miami used to be on 378 across from the base. I "think" Glasscock owns that now. But I think that would be a perfect spot for a parking lot to watch the planes fly in and take off. Speaking from a newbies point of view. I like watching the planes. Lol. It could be nicely paved with parking spots and maybe a couple picnic tables. Lighted of course. And cameras cz I'm sure some not so nice folk may wanna stop by there. Maybe dedicated to the recent fallen airmen? Or something to that nature. Idk. Just a random idea that keeps coming up in my mind. But it may not be the best safest location for that.

Excellent idea, love it. You should do a little homework on that idea, and try to promote it. Perhaps ask around, present the idea to the city or county, and the Item. I often see people parked there, and I have parked there a few times myself over the years. Again, excellent idea and you should try to find a way to get your idea out there, perhaps someone here on who reads this, can help you promote the idea. Maybe Woodlands can share some ideas.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:39 AM

93 posts, read 90,139 times
Quote:
Excellent idea, love it. You should do a little homework on that idea, and try to promote it. Perhaps ask around, present the idea to the city or county, and the Item. I often see people parked there, and I have parked there a few times myself over the years. Again, excellent idea and you should try to find a way to get your idea out there, perhaps someone here on who reads this, can help you promote the idea. Maybe Woodlands can share some ideas.
I'm not even sure how to even get it out there. Lol. I know a couple people that work in the commerical construction industry and possibly one person who works in the city counsel. I can try to put a big in their ears.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not even sure how to even get it out there. Lol. I know a couple people that work in the commerical construction industry and possibly one person who works in the city counsel. I can try to put a big in their ears.
Ok, you can try that, but don't sit on it, if I hear of a way, I will pass it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina