Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,286,160 times

Advertisements

So, what will you do to prepare for the ruination that is Valentines Day? Forget about currency devaluation, EMP's, nuclear war, global epidemics, or even zombies. Will you be prepared for the hoards of desperate single people who will come banging on your door for Valentine chocolates? Food will be scarce, as every seat at a restaurant will be occupied by doting couples--and those not lucky enough to get a seat will deplete grocery shelves of any food item you can put a candle on and spread rose petals around. There shall be widespread power outages as countless quarters are inserted into vibrating beds in pay by the hour hotels across the world. All mobile and landline phones will be useless as the circuits and satellites are overwhelmed with calls and text messages with hearts and xoxoxo's in them.

Do not leave your home or shelter during this period alone, as you will be immediately accosted by desperate single people slumped over and and screaming "VALENTINE" with blood in their eyes. You have been warned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM

6,767 posts, read 8,659,411 times
LMAO!!!
Excellent post. Got to rep on that one, the truly terrifying scenario of not planning ahead for valentines day.

Too funny

Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,706,375 times
LOL!!!
Happi V day!

I shall eat my steak dinner,
enjoy a looong night of debauchery w/ my SO.... maybe some ZZzz later....

and think about that problem tomorrow.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM

10,650 posts, read 10,786,526 times
?????? It's valentines day??????????I got a big ribbon I could tie too my..................Left blank in the name of OPSEC!!!!!!

Have a good one!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:59 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,554,846 times
Happy Valentine's Day, preppers and survivalists!

DW and I are a working couple, so we had our V-day LAST WEEKEND -- when nothing was crowded and the wine flowed freely....may you all be so lucky....40 years of marriage buys some liberties!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,286,160 times
I'm glad everyone had a great Valentines. I was one of the lucky ones that managed to snag a seat at a decent restaurant and thus avoid complete destruction.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM

4,171 posts, read 10,735,492 times
DH made Springer T-Bone steak on the grill, twice-baked potatoes, rolls, and Broccoli. Everything from the farm stores - we didn't haveta go anywhere or reserve a seat.

This prepper stuff is really bad for yuh... we eat soo poorly when we eat from our own production. Mere subsistence eating, that's fer sure.

For those who don't know - "Springer" was the name of the steer we butchered in October.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,099,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
DH made Springer T-Bone steak on the grill, twice-baked potatoes, rolls, and Broccoli. Everything from the farm stores - we didn't haveta go anywhere or reserve a seat.

This prepper stuff is really bad for yuh... we eat soo poorly when we eat from our own production. Mere subsistence eating, that's fer sure.

For those who don't know - "Springer" was the name of the steer we butchered in October.
Whew! I have a Springer Spaniel, was worried there for a moment.

I do need to get to the store yet and stock up on my post Valentine's sale chocolate comfort food preps.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,067,770 times
Aww! I just realized I wanted to go out and buy VD chocolate on sale! Oh well.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,995,389 times
We're so far out in the boonies and out of the mainstream that I rarely even know what day it is, much less that it's supposed to be a special occasion. DH remembered (because he still looks at the date now and then) and made dinner. Luckily, he's allergic to chocolate so I don't have to go out and try to scrounge a slightly used box from one of my neighbors' caches LOL. There are only 2 restaurants within 150 miles of us, one isn't open in the winter and the other doesn't serve white people... so no need to even worry about getting reservations for dinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness