Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:55 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,048,014 times

Advertisements

Could tax ppl by failing to work out, for eating red meat, pastries, could have food intake monitored as they did in China early in Mao's regime. Could tax butter...wow, the list just goes on.

I'd prefer less government say so in personal lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM

8,090 posts, read 8,434,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
I know dope taxes are paid to the State. But Seattle's part of WA, it's a whale of a lot of money and I'd like to see some of it sent here.
Then why were you blaming the mayor?

Old 02-24-2017, 03:51 PM

6,901 posts, read 8,988,306 times
Are you a real winner, DanG05200?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:56 PM

412 posts, read 389,018 times
I think a tax on high fructose corn syrup merely provides a source for the very high costs that will result from all the products, thousands of them, that produce sick people over time. We could simply abandon the sick people to the results of their vices. But as long as our "free speech" covers the lies about the products, then I think society, to be consistent, should follow through and tax those products.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:00 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Where is the proof that Seattle's economy is "false"? For a data analyst that should have been easy to back up but when asked, complete silence.

It's odd that people that don't live here would want to come here to comment negatively, whether it's our mayor or anything else. Vacation here? By all means, vacation somewhere else. I don't feel compelled to posts negatively in the Bay Area and I'm there all the time, (far more than nine days). Why someone that doesn't live here feels their opinion on our mayor is noteworthy is what is really odd.

No, they were just noting what I thought as well and I was not having a bad day. Our mayor has zero effect on someone that doesn't live here and by all means, there are other places to live.
Jesus H I forgot about that LMAO, you people really need hobbies and get out more (well, you can't most of the year because they weather is so garbage), but thanks for proving my point.

Seattle's job market may be better than a lot of other cities, but the increases in housing costs will certainly overtake the "boom" in jobs.

Just grabbing something from Forbes:

Household income growth: up 3.5%
Home price change over prior year: up 7.8%

See the connection, see how that's NOT sustainable (hint: one is rising much faster than the other) long-term unless something changes?

Now take a look at the month-to-month increase in Chinese-driven home searches in Seattle, can we now draw our own conclusions that maybe (just maybe?) a lot of the "growth" we're seeing in Seattle's real estate economy is driven by out-of-city/state/country buyers who in turn do nothing but drive up real estate prices and sit on empty houses? (another hint: "false economy," happened in BC).

I know, it's difficult to grasp numbers and draw one's own conclusions with a BA in Public Policy or History, so please return to getting your news from CNN or The Daily Show.

BUT just remember, the housing bubble can't happen in Seattle because it's sooo special (herp derp the 90s and 07 things never happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
What irrelevant news articles? Seems to me, like King Trump, you're just attacking the messenger because you don't like the message.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:33 PM

8,090 posts, read 8,434,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
The Seattle cheerleaders are a funny bunch, ANY small criticism of their "sanctuary" and they are frothing and furiously defending the city posting links and irrelevant news articles like their lives depended on it.
Again: What irrelevant news articles?????

Old 02-24-2017, 07:46 PM

711 posts, read 693,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
The Seattle cheerleaders are a funny bunch, ANY small criticism of their "sanctuary" and they are frothing and furiously defending the city posting links and irrelevant news articles like their lives depended on it.
I'm going to disagree. My sense in reading the Seattle area and the Washington Forum overall is that the people who actually live here are pretty pragmatic about their city and state.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 PM

412 posts, read 389,018 times
Some are. The rational ones.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:27 PM

8,948 posts, read 7,002,784 times
When the explosive growth of high-wage jobs slows down, other things will slow down.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:02 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,048,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Then why were you blaming the mayor?
??

Marijuana taxes were only one of a few things I mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area