Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 12:25 AM

16 posts, read 22,829 times

Advertisements

I got the idea to apply to jobs in the San Bernardino area and to leave the Bay Area, but so far, I’m having little luck on finding a job. I’m primarily applying to universities, state and local government, and searching for nonprofits that could be hiring. I also applied to Amazon. I did get an interview with them actually and it may be for a job in the San Bernardino area, finding out soon. Just putting that out there in case anyone knows who is hiring, or might be. I’m on LinkedIn, but it really doesn’t seem to produce searches with jobs that match up well and spits out a bunch of irrelevant jobs I’m not qualified for. I have an MS and MPA (public administration). Secondly, I decided I need to get out of the Bay Area. I quit my federal government job after several years of frustration and witnessing what turned out to be criminal activities, and took a job at a warehouse earning $18.50 per hour just to make a break from that line of work. Someone simultaneously got shot right outside my apartment building and robbed and there are daylight burglaries all around and an increase in car jackings, etc. I thought that living in a suburban area with less intense urbanization might be better. I like San Bernardino’s location and proximity to different landscapes etc. Does anyone know firsthand if crime is any less in this Inland Empire area, than San Francisco and the Bay Area right now? I actually changed apartments here in Walnut Creek, since the shooting had something to do with a person affiliated with a gang who lived in my old building (he got targeted for his possessions and the woman with him in the parking lot got grazed with an AK-47. (Per police and a news report). My car was out there and didn’t get hit and one of my windows faced the parking lot and I had enough). I’m in a different apartment after this incident but I really feel like I don’t want to live in this region anymore. I’m originally from Virginia and would return there almost (don’t really want to go back, I like the weather here and recreation/lifestyle) but the cost to rent a truck doubled since 2019 as so many people leave and trucks are in short supply. I’ve lived in Camarillo and San Diego some in the first part of the pandemic and I would not really want to return to those places. I had no luck on jobs there during the pandemic, and luckily was in remote grad school the whole time on the post-9/11 GI bill, with a housing allowance. I want to move to the San Bernardino area and just stay there. I really like Palm Springs and the desert but figured there would be more jobs in San Bernardino. Housing costs look a bit less than in LA etc so that’s another reason. I’m researching on the job and “livability” angle now. Thank you. I’m interested in general thoughts on crime rate in and around San Bernardino and also the job/economic front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 06:56 AM

271 posts, read 307,976 times
Not going to Virginia? We live in Indio area part time and also Bay Area part time and really like it here. One place that has lots of housing is Moreno Valley but probably not the highest paying jobs (warehousing)

Old 02-05-2022, 07:00 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,609,994 times
You want to move to San Bernardino to escape crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties