Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 AM

242 posts, read 828,527 times

Advertisements

If anyone could give me any information of this city. I would really appreciate it!
Is it family orriented?
Are there any hospitals?
How are school systems?
Weather
Median house price?
Closest Big city and how far that is?
Any shopping?
Does it have more of an older or newer feel?
Community activities?
Thanks for any info given and Happy New year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 AM

259 posts, read 1,920,115 times
Where are you coming from? That would make a difference in what your comparing Rancho too. IMO Rancho is the best place to be in the inland empire for sure....tons of shopping,restaurants etc. tons of new building going on (condos,shopping, office buildings)...good hospitals, excellent schools (especially in the Etiwanda area) Rancho is very nice and pretty central by CA standards.....but watch your wallet it's expensive! (depending on where your coming from)...

Old 01-05-2008, 10:01 AM

259 posts, read 1,920,115 times
oh and ck. the city-data homepage on this site for the home prices demographics etc.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Well we are originally from Riverside CA, we have been gone for a few years due to the military. I deff will not go back to Riverside, and everywhere else is so expensive. I am trying to find an area with good schools, family orriented with fair priced town homes. I came up with rancho and claremont, but calremont is too pricy for us first time home buyers. 300-350,000.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 PM

10 posts, read 43,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
If anyone could give me any information of this city. I would really appreciate it!
Is it family orriented?
Are there any hospitals?
How are school systems?
Weather
Median house price?
Closest Big city and how far that is?
Any shopping?
Does it have more of an older or newer feel?
Community activities?
Thanks for any info given and Happy New year.
I live in Rancho. It is very family oriented but you have to actually put yourself out there. In other words when you move here people dont come to your door and welcome you with cookies. You have to put effort to make friends and things like that.

There arent any hospitals here but there is one in Upland (San Antonio). Actually I think there is a keiser...not sure.

The Schools that I went to (Im 22 yrs old) were all good. But I really dont know much about any others..

Weather is great...typical So Cal weather

LA is about 45 min away

And Shopping...um ya! lol. Anything you can want is here, minus Nordstroms! But you have Victoria Gardens which is a beautiful outdoor mall with a bunch of really good stores and restaurants. Theres also a lot of different shopping centeres..soooo many restaurants!!! And then theres Ontario Mills which is right outside the border of Rancho. This is a really great place if you like to shop, eat out and just do different activities.

The feeling of this place is definetly "newer" because its really not an old city at all. When I first moved here I was 4 yrs old and there was nothing here!! Lots of grapevines and a whole lot of nothing. I remember we got so excited when they built a taco bell next to our house!! So Rancho has come A LONG way in a really short amount of time.

There is a lot of community activities here as well. In my opinon it is a great place to raise a family and live. But i do know there is a problem with drugs and teens and young adults here. But i mean, thats anywhere.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Well thank you for all the information, it was super helpful!!

Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 PM

107 posts, read 581,694 times
City of Rancho Cucamonga

Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 AM

7 posts, read 63,665 times
hello there. how about the apartment rent and utilities? thanks

Old 01-06-2008, 07:04 AM

Doing my research I have found the median house price to be somewhere in the 500-600,000. Is this correct?...

Old 01-06-2008, 03:59 PM

12,825 posts, read 15,122,323 times
I've lived in RC since 1989 & still do. It's the 2nd place I've lived in my life (came from Los Angeles). I really love it here & wouldn't really mind living here for the rest of my life.

I'd say this is a city for anyone, families & singles.
Hospitals - There are a couple.
Schools - I moved here starting in 8th grade & the schools were good. I don't really know how good the middle schools & high schools are now. The colleges are as good as any others.
Weather - Good year round. May hail for a few minutes every few yrs, but that' the worse it gets. It rains a just right amount.
Shopping - There's a lot of little plazas, then you have Montclair Mall, Ontario Mills Outlet mall, & the newest outdoor more upsclae Victoria Gardens, but it's not that big, but it's nice. You probably want to drive a little further sometimes to find more unique stores.

The particulars:
There's a lot of restaurants to choose from.
There's a new library & (rather small) performing arts center right where Victoria Gardens is. If you're into performing arts & the theatre like I am, there's the dinner theatre Candlelight Pavilion in Claremont, Performing Arts Center in San Bernardino, & a few others. Other than that, drive to LA.
If you have a dog like I do, the amountt of dog-friendly places is ok.
You can be in LA in 45 minutes.

Overall, the people aren't friendly. Everyone just lives for themselves.

In October 2008, there will be a sports arena in Ontario that will be like the Staples Center, which is exciting.

There's definitely a newer feel to RC. If you want a more quaint, old town feel, try Claremont.

The only bad thing I'd say is the astronomically high cost of living. Apts are about $875-1250/month for the size of a closet. Homes that aren't that big range about $700K & up.
This city's been continuously building since I've been here. What I fear is that it will be another Los Angeles because more housing is still being built, which of course means more people are coming & w/ more people comes crime.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 01-06-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties