Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM

66 posts, read 166,091 times

Advertisements

Back in late June I moved from a rental house in Braun Heights to Windcrest and I have to say, this city rocks!
I never felt comfortable in Braun Heights, my neighbors were mostly snooty people who cared more about property values than being neighborly and called the HOA over every small thing....the day we bought the house and we were here looking at it all our neighbors came out and introduced themselves, it was very nice! It just got better from there, they're all nice and laid back. What's better is that this neighborhood isn't all stuck up about barking dogs, we have 3 and its nice not to have to worry about our neighbors getting all upset if they make a sound. I just think the quality of life here is so great, aside form the fact that we are in a 5 bedroom house with a pool it's a very ideal neighborhood, I take one of my dogs on walks in the morning and the neighborhood is lined with tree filled streets that provide a shady and scenic trip, and the architecture is always nice to look at. I know this area gets a bad rep from certain neighborhoods, like Camelot, which my brother tells my was made famous in some gangsta rap (ICK) song by some local rapper, and even when we saw the house on the internet my Dad said this was a bad area, but it's really not, I feel perfectly safe here. I just wish the Windsor Park Mall hadn't closed 6 years ago....that's too bad, it would have been great...oh well...anyway, I just figured I'd write about my thoughts of this area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyDY4 View Post
Back in late June I moved from a rental house in Braun Heights to Windcrest and I have to say, this city rocks!
I never felt comfortable in Braun Heights, my neighbors were mostly snooty people who cared more about property values than being neighborly and called the HOA over every small thing....the day we bought the house and we were here looking at it all our neighbors came out and introduced themselves, it was very nice! It just got better from there, they're all nice and laid back. What's better is that this neighborhood isn't all stuck up about barking dogs, we have 3 and its nice not to have to worry about our neighbors getting all upset if they make a sound. I just think the quality of life here is so great, aside form the fact that we are in a 5 bedroom house with a pool it's a very ideal neighborhood, I take one of my dogs on walks in the morning and the neighborhood is lined with tree filled streets that provide a shady and scenic trip, and the architecture is always nice to look at. I know this area gets a bad rep from certain neighborhoods, like Camelot, which my brother tells my was made famous in some gangsta rap (ICK) song by some local rapper, and even when we saw the house on the internet my Dad said this was a bad area, but it's really not, I feel perfectly safe here. I just wish the Windsor Park Mall hadn't closed 6 years ago....that's too bad, it would have been great...oh well...anyway, I just figured I'd write about my thoughts of this area
Awww that's good to hear! I've always loved that neighborhood. I've had many friends who grew up there. We always took our kids and out of town friends & relatives to go see the Christmas lights. You're house sounds great, enjoy!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM

it is great

and yes, I do indeed plan on decking the house out nice for christmas as well

Last edited by ZacharyDY4; 10-11-2009 at 09:45 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 09:22 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,827,850 times
You should take those details out of your post. Do you really want people you don't know, having your address? Just a tip.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:33 PM

311 posts, read 846,374 times
Great place & so glad you like your new "hood" ;-)
I DO agree with firstclassflyer....might not be a super idea to have your exact address on here.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Yes perhaps, I took it out
But yes, I do love the neighborhood and the house, we lived in rentals for the past 11 years, I was so sick of beige and white, I redid everything possible in my bedroom as soon as I could here, new mahogany laminate wood flooring, removed the popcorn texture off the ceiling, new door handles, hinges, stops, switches, outlets, ceiling fan, blinds, etc, and I painted it a nice shade of blue...it may be smaller than the last 2 bedrooms I've had but I love it the most, the house itself is the biggest though and it is absolutely a dream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio