Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:09 AM

762 posts, read 2,031,272 times

Advertisements

Crosstown traffic vs freeway can make a huge difference. Here is an illustration of this:

4339 N Star Dr
Shingle Springs, CA 95682 *50 minutes to airport*

4410 Flying C Rd
Cameron Park, CA 95682 *46 minutes to airport*

5700 La Verne Ln
Placerville, CA 95667 *50 minutes to airport*

488 Lakeridge Ct
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 *52 minutes to airport*

727 Stone Mill Dr
Folsom, CA 95630 *50 minutes to airport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 AM

I like AmericanRiverCanyon for the old growth trees and charming homes, but the section of ARC that I like is small and it can be difficult to find a home there. Crossing the newer Folsom Bridge can take awhile. There are tons of homeless everywhere in Folsom now and originate at the light rail it seems then filter out from there to nearby parks and the American River Bike trail. Going under a bridge on the bike trail near ARC will smell like urine and you always wonder who may step out from the shadows. ARC is high on a hill however, and is removed from this, but it is unfortunate. Sutter Middle School is not my favorite.

Best school districts in Folsom mostly require cookie cutter non old growth tree non character lots and home such as Empire Ranch and Prairie Oaks. Exception would be Briggs Ranch which is a little better. Lexington Hills and Parkway are nice for the fact that they do border a nice nature preserve, but the schools do shake up in there, but generally speaking Folsom schools are all good. Natomas Station is a nope for me- houses close together and no lot at all- area near Folsom Blvd is "shady" by Folsom standards.

There are a few nice homes for sale that are custom with old growth trees in this area: 488 Lakeridge Ct
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

I like Ridgeview in El Dorado Hills as well but am repelled by Serrano.

I would not move to Roseville (too congested) but honestly Folsom is turning into Roseville, but I would move to the outskirts such as Loomis, Granite Bay, or Newcastle.

Check out your aerial maps and your drive times- you would be surprised where you could get in the same time by using freeway.

As far as Fair Oaks and Carmichael and Gold River go- it's hard to answer because technically Gold River is closer to the airport. However, 5:00 going over the Sunrise Bridge is like being in LA traffic. GR has no character, but once you are in the homes and have those big windows looking out back at a nice pool and garden- and the minimal street frontage windows- they are nice and there is a fair amount of trees. Fair Oaks is charming in places, it's all about location- here's an example of a good general location imo: 8528 Creekwood Way
Fair Oaks, CA 95628 but I just don't love going down Sunrise, Madison, and Hazel at certain times of the day, but I would absolutely consider Fair Oaks- but absolutely check out the high school situation.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:51 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
Crosstown traffic vs freeway can make a huge difference. Here is an illustration of this:

4339 N Star Dr
Shingle Springs, CA 95682 *50 minutes to airport*

4410 Flying C Rd
Cameron Park, CA 95682 *46 minutes to airport*

5700 La Verne Ln
Placerville, CA 95667 *50 minutes to airport*

488 Lakeridge Ct
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 *52 minutes to airport*

727 Stone Mill Dr
Folsom, CA 95630 *50 minutes to airport
While I agree that further away cities can have shorter driving times due to proximity of the highway, I don't find this list very accurate. I lived for 10 years just a bit further away from the airport thank Lakeridge Ct in EDH and it never took more than 40 minutes to get to the airport unless there was major traffic jam from an accident or construction.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:21 AM

That’s fine, different variables affect mapquests caculations, but the comparison should still tell a story

Old 07-12-2019, 04:58 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,308,084 times
Del Dayo feeds into to Rio Americano, and the IB program at Mira Loma is also another really good option. You might also look at Arden Park which also feeds into Rio Americano. If you are working in downtown Sac, the commute from Del Dayo is much closer than Granite Bay, Folsom or El Dorado Hills. The neighborhood is nice but its more expensive per square foot than any of the other neighborhoods you are considering, what you are paying for is the quicker commute.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:28 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Unless your neighborhood feeds into Rio Americano or Bella Vista, forget the San Juan Unified School District altogether.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:21 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,308,084 times
The IB program at Mira Loma is excellent. I would say that El Camino High School and Del Campo High Schools are pretty comparable to most of the high schools in the Elk Grove District. I would avoid Encina and San Juan high schools, but a lot depends on your options and your budget as well as were you work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento