Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 AM

10 posts, read 71,544 times

Advertisements

I moved into a place in Midtown yesterday and am already questioning the great reviews it gets by so many. In the last 24 hours I've had a man go to the bathroom outside my window, my dog was attacked by another dog that was unleashed and unsupervised, and there is dog crap on the sidewalk (different area than the rude dog).

I saw a bit of charm when I scouted it out a couple weeks ago and then again this past week, but now I'm not so sure. Is this really Midtown?

Last edited by TraeJ; 06-09-2012 at 01:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraeJ View Post
I moved into a place in Midtown yesterday and am already questioning the great reviews it gets by so many. In the last 24 hours I've had a man go to the bathroom outside my window, my dog was attacked by another dog that was unleashed and unsupervised, and there is dog crap on the sidewalk (different area than the rude dog).

I saw a bit of charm when I scouted it out a couple weeks ago and then again this past week, but now I'm not so sure. Is this really Midtown?
Whether you're in what is called midtown or you're in what is called downtown, you live in a city. Welcome to urban California; in fact, urban America.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:08 AM

8,674 posts, read 17,303,137 times
Sounds about right to me. What were you expecting?

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM

7 posts, read 12,231 times
Go outside now and check your car...probably got broken into last night. If you're in Midtown, you don't park it in a garage, right?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM

The final indignity for me was when some asshat stole my American flag on Veterans Day. Made me wish I was in Texas where I could have pled, "Well your Honor, he needed killin'." But I had to remind myself that I was in California where the lowlife would merely be considered the poor, unfortunate victim of an uncaring society.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,181,321 times
I remember my rude introduction to Midtown when I lived there for 6 months. I stopped my car at a stop sign, and a man just opened the door and got into the passenger seat. I had to scream to get him out of the car. My car got broken into shortly thereafter (there was nothing in it to steal), and my office mate at a state agency was flashed by a guy wearing nothing but a raincoat (what a cliche) walking on her way to work a few weeks later. I never had any problems after I moved to SF, and I was there for 17 years before moving to Davis. I still don't like Midtown, unless I'm with other people.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,930,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The final indignity for me was when some asshat stole my American flag on Veterans Day. Made me wish I was in Texas where I could have pled, "Well your Honor, he needed killin'." But I had to remind myself that I was in California where the lowlife would merely be considered the poor, unfortunate victim of an uncaring society.
oh, please.
and you aren't there any more so it's time to quit complaining about it!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
oh, please.
and you aren't there any more so it's time to quit complaining about it!
Not when it's pertinent to the OP's post.

Don't look now but you're not in CA any longer either so don't complain about my complaining. Some of us veterans take such things seriously. At issue, this is, most unfortunately, all too characteristic of happenings in all too many cities all over. The OP shouldn't be surprised, just careful from here on out.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,930,401 times
Quote:
But I had to remind myself that I was in California where the lowlife would merely be considered the poor, unfortunate victim of an uncaring society.
Quote:
Not when it's pertinent to the OP's post.
and how is your jaded opinion relevant to the OP?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,213,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSack View Post
Go outside now and check your car...probably got broken into last night. If you're in Midtown, you don't park it in a garage, right?
Also add aggressive pan-handling and solicitation for drugs/prostitution to the list. You'll be experiencing those too. The more interesting is the collection of crazy stories. The homeless guy beating up a couple drug dealers because their presence annoyed him was pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento