Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 07:03 AM

525 posts, read 1,828,547 times

Advertisements

I always assumed that Rochester had the second best economy in New York, but I didn't know it was $2.5 billion dollars more than Buffalo!!! Buffalo did close the gap a little in 2006 it seems, so kudos to them. Now let's steal the Sabres and Bills and I bet it will be far ahead

Rochester area's GDP ranked 52nd in the nation | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:26 AM

260 posts, read 977,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I always assumed that Rochester had the second best economy in New York, but I didn't know it was $2.5 billion dollars more than Buffalo!!! Buffalo did close the gap a little in 2006 it seems, so kudos to them. Now let's steal the Sabres and Bills and I bet it will be far ahead

Rochester area's GDP ranked 52nd in the nation | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle
haha could not agree more. The Sabres are half ours anyways! Better not say this to loud though. At the moment I live in Buffalo. I miss my Rochester. Were bigger than Buffalo in something, hell yeah.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,596,410 times
I really like Buffalo...but Rochester-WNY makes a point..when the owner of the Buffalo Sabres actually lives in Rochester; that's saying something! lol

Old 09-26-2008, 02:42 PM

60 posts, read 177,247 times
And Jeremy Jacobs, owner of Buffalo based Delaware North, owns the Boston Bruins. Does that say something too? Didnt think so. It only says something to feed your superiority complex. While you are comparing stat for stat, I'm looking to actually make some change.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW1095 View Post
And Jeremy Jacobs, owner of Buffalo based Delaware North, owns the Boston Bruins. Does that say something too? Didnt think so. It only says something to feed your superiority complex. While you are comparing stat for stat, I'm looking to actually make some change.
What does a superiority complex have to do with anything? This is the Rochester forum, not Buffalo. Did you get lost? Don't worry, we'll let you come watch the Rochester Sabres after the HSBC lease is up and Golisano moves his team back home so he doesn't have such a long drive to the games.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM

260 posts, read 977,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
What does a superiority complex have to do with anything? This is the Rochester forum, not Buffalo. Did you get lost? Don't worry, we'll let you come watch the Rochester Sabres after the HSBC lease is up and Golisano moves his team back home so he doesn't have such a long drive to the games.
haha only if that was true. If we had a darn arena I think for a fact they would be in Rochester. So back to dreaming, yeah that guy is welcome. We might have to charge him double.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
haha only if that was true. If we had a darn arena I think for a fact they would be in Rochester. So back to dreaming, yeah that guy is welcome. We might have to charge him double.
Nah, Golisano had to promise to respect the lease at HSBC in order to get the backing to buy the Sabres. There is something like 22 years left on the lease, so by the time that happens I think Rochester is trending to be the 2nd largest metro in the area. A lot can happen in 22 years though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area