Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 09:22 PM

600 posts, read 1,084,995 times

Advertisements

So i live in arizona and am deeply embedded in the local art scene down here. My sister however lives in VA and is just getting to the point where i would like take her to see some local shows and local art venues/gallaries.

I love AZ and our art, we have such a huge art community of all backgrounds, genres, races, and its overall the most accepting and open communities i know of. I really think its something that everyone should be introduced to and i would love to share it with my lil sis.

so my question is where can i go to see some real good LOCAL art in VA. and im not talking museums, but actual art districts and art communities. Any info will be greatly appriciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 12:57 AM

60 posts, read 330,501 times
Default Art in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
So i live in arizona and am deeply embedded in the local art scene down here. My sister however lives in VA and is just getting to the point where i would like take her to see some local shows and local art venues/gallaries.
I could have hardley asked for an slower pitch to swing at. Thank you.

First Friday Richmond should be your first stop.

Every First Friday 2 to 5 THOUSAND student adults and other odd assorted people come downtown and visit the 10 to 20 galleries and restaurants on Broad Street. Bring an umbrella as God hates first Friday and often sends raid. Good Food, Fun, Art and Music are Guaranteed.

Contact me directly for a more directed tour.

Sign In

Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,323,155 times
Plant Zero Artworks in the Manchester District is a pretty sweet artist colony.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hammond View Post
I could have hardley asked for an slower pitch to swing at. Thank you.

First Friday Richmond should be your first stop.

Every First Friday 2 to 5 THOUSAND student adults and other odd assorted people come downtown and visit the 10 to 20 galleries and restaurants on Broad Street. Bring an umbrella as God hates first Friday and often sends raid. Good Food, Fun, Art and Music are Guaranteed.

Contact me directly for a more directed tour.

Sign In
you guys have first friday!?!?!
We have one too! its in our art district and its amazing!! But sheriff joe is trying to shut it down and its dying... fast...

Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,323,155 times
Richmond's is growing and welcomed by local officials. VCU has strong arts programs which help fuel the growing arts scene in town.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 PM

thats awesome. In AZ our art takes on a very pollitcal form and our officials dont like it at all, so they make it as hard as possible for us to really share our art and gather... Its annoying.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 PM

60 posts, read 330,501 times
First Friday is only one of many, There is 3rd Thursday, Fourth Friday and several others in various parts of town.

Start with First Friday Richmond and send an email request for more info. Tell Christina, Paul sent you.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 PM

thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: