Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 11:22 AM

16,902 posts, read 5,086,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm not using the Bible as proof or a claim.
You are using your translation of the NT. How is that not using the Bible?

Quote:
I'm citing the testimony of the Catholic Church, which is the teaching of Jesus' followers themselves, passed on through their successors until the present day.
Allegedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 11:48 AM

10,796 posts, read 3,630,395 times
Quote:
I'm not using the Bible as proof or a claim. I'm citing the testimony of the Catholic Church, which is the teaching of Jesus' followers themselves, passed on through their successors until the present day.
More claims in other words. Testimony is always a claim, not a proof. What else do you have?

Old 03-03-2021, 10:20 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,425,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Most likely. So?
So that's not what Christians believe and your statement is merely an opinion not fact.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:23 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,940,505 times
Quote:
Most likely. So?
So one has to ask why you think you are right and all those others are wrong.

hint, think before you claim True Revelation Also I'd suggest not trying evasion or changing the subject.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not using the Bible as proof or a claim. I'm citing the testimony of the Catholic Church, which is the teaching of Jesus' followers themselves, passed on through their successors until the present day.
I know that's the claim, but there are others like God's word transmitted to a man in a cave.

I think there is a good case now that this traditional claim is not valid and what happened was that, whatever the disciples/Jesus' apostles believed, Paul adapted their messianism to one suited to the Greeks.

But I argue that not even Paul (much less the disciples) envisaged the transformation of the man -messiah into a god incarnated. which is what the Greek writers - not eyewitness Jews - did with the story to produce the present gospels and Acts, and the dogmas of the Church.

This is not a true tradition handed down from the apostles, but a Romanized Paganisation handed down from the Greeks of Paul's adaptation of whatever true story there might originally have been.

I'm willing to bet my life on it.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:34 AM

64,148 posts, read 40,475,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
So that's not what Christians believe and your statement is merely an opinion not fact.
Christians are not defined by what they believe. They are defined by how closely their Spirits resonate with the Spirit of Christ. We can detect that by how much they love God and each other as Jesus did.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:35 AM

64,148 posts, read 40,475,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I know that's the claim, but there are others like God's word transmitted to a man in a cave.

I think there is a good case now that this traditional claim is not valid and what happened was that, whatever the disciples/Jesus' apostles believed, Paul adapted their messianism to one suited to the Greeks.

But I argue that not even Paul (much less the disciples) envisaged the transformation of the man -messiah into a god incarnated. which is what the Greek writers - not eyewitness Jews - did with the story to produce the present gospels and Acts, and the dogmas of the Church.

This is not a true tradition handed down from the apostles, but a Romanized Paganisation handed down from the Greeks of Paul's adaptation of whatever true story there might originally have been.

Trust me, Arq, you are!

Old 03-07-2021, 11:56 AM

So are you

Old 03-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Did anybody notice, I never said "We"? It is my own 'theory'. It isn't what the Bible critics seem to think, but I reckon they should, as it sticks out a mile. If 'we' trouble to look.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:35 PM

10,127 posts, read 5,046,759 times
Quote:
You are talking about inferences from the Bible versus what the Bible actually says. The God of Jesus is said to be the only God. Jesus is the Firstborn Son of God, suggesting there are to be others.........
Yes, you are right because ALL the angels are: ' sons of God ' .
- for example see Genesis 6:2; Job 1:6; Job 38:7; 2nd Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality