Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 06:23 PM

50,122 posts, read 20,884,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Solving is not being at peace with mystery it's about cornering it with logic.
I get your idea and, no, science and human curiosity will never be at peace with mystery. Of course if some don't care about mystery and want to leave it alone, fine. If others want to tell themselves they know what the mystery is through Inspiraion, that's fine, too. If they want to argue with others that think they have a different result through Inspiration, that's their affair, so long as they don't disagree in the streets and frighten the horses.

But when they tell science that it is is wrong, ignorant and closed -minded because it maintains that we clearly don't know and should keep looking, we have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 06:32 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,573,267 times
I don't understand the question. I'm a Christian. I'm also a gardener and I use chemistry to plan my soil amendments. My body is a work of biology. When I drive my car, I have to deal with physics.

Science is in my life everyday. Where's the need for adaptation?

Old 10-27-2017, 06:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,658,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I don't understand the question. I'm a Christian. I'm also a gardener and I use chemistry to plan my soil amendments. My body is a work of biology. When I drive my car, I have to deal with physics.

did a dude die, wake up, and fly away? Can I hang out with yaz and make rational rules without having them tie back into "what god bible said?"

Old 10-27-2017, 08:29 PM

678 posts, read 431,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post

When there's conflict as pointed out by Badlander in the first response. Christianity adapted to the heliocentric theory 400(?) years ago. Which one takes priority today - evolution or creationism?

Old 10-27-2017, 08:39 PM

465 posts, read 237,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal I don't understand the question. I'm a Christian. I'm also a gardener and I use chemistry to plan my soil amendments. My body is a work of biology. When I drive my car, I have to deal with physics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
did a dude die, wake up, and fly away? Can I hang out with yaz and make rational rules without having them tie back into "what god bible said?"
The disrespect lent the God of Israel so that the rude can carry on a side conversation unrelated to the top of 'God said'...

The rudest questions: "did a dude die, wake up, and fly away?' then "Can I hang out with yaz and make rational rules...?"

You could never make a single rational rule if you tried to writing something that was never claimed by the Christians!

As in fact you're telling a lie as an outright misrepresentation of what the Bible states regarding that same resurrection!

You don't get to talk about God that way that he was manifested in the flesh so that he could take on all of the sins of man.

That even means those never repented of that he knew who would choose to ridicule and who would choose to serve Him!

Your detestable comments are discriminatory foul language of one never insults the same God who paid for cheap pricing.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:17 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,344,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, The difference is we draw conclusion on what we do know. we don't draw conclusion on what we don't know. We also don't change, minimize, hide, or shun people when the science doesn't match their belief statement.

we only do how the universe works. a statement of belief about god (or no god) never comes up for most. When describing how the universe works that is.

People who say they have visions or see spirits are medicated out of that belief by science everyday so yes they do change,minimise and bully mystery.

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 10-27-2017 at 09:29 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 09:28 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,355,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The theory of evolution is not a fact and does not negate the creation story.
Evolution is not only a fact but even more important it is a theory. That you do not understand the difference explains why you cannot see any threat to fundamentalism

Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej What about science threatens my Christianity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Stephen Jay Gould, an evolutionary biologists and an atheist, wrote a slim book Rock of Ages that explains that science should stay out of religion and religion out of science as they are non overlapping and independent. Science may be a threat to the religious beliefs of some who attempt to use and misuse science to prove that theirs is the one true religion.
There is one law of the one God of, 'Hear o'Israel, there is one Lord, one faith and one baptism'.

'Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and there the blood receives its remission'.

Petra is that where the upper room was for other believers not able to get to Jerusalem for pin.

'Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church as that no gate of hell may withstand'.

The Lamb of God does not belong to those who may recycle the same lies said about the sand.

Politics is the worst form of hate that one can have once they learn of the Egyptian languages.

Ra stands for that Sun of God is not worshipped but revered for in a spirit of just thankfulness.

Jesus was the fulfillment of the old testament covenant written by several authors who it sells.

That Moses is plural i.e. Kamose Ahmose I father of Amenophis I (Amenhotep) v lies of 'Moses'.

The Ra tablets are found in the Egyptian hieroglyphs of higher math never seen by man kindles.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Evolution is not only a fact but even more important it is a theory. That you do not understand the difference explains why you cannot see any threat to fundamentalism
The threat to fundamentalism based upon The Egyptian Book of the Dead inherited not Islam kills Christ's fundamentalism.

The Jews of Israel and those who follow the Christ as best as they can as according to what they have been told are 'in'.

Those who still refuse to follow Christ in the whole way where livestock are not counted as a pet would be are forgiven...

But only if they follow the animal rights' groups absolute best ways to tear down all houses of slaughter of Animal Kingdom.

God said there is one single church based upon the prophets and to love God and his commandments of love neighbor vine.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism in the blood of the Lamb they have crucified God afresh with each area of 'Kill God zone'.

Jesus said he is a living vine not a dead one where animals are mercilessly tortured for each piece of meat that's violations.

For cattle raised to reach a plate how cattle are steered to make their way back to where they were wolves in dens hiding.

Evil horse round-ups lasso was a helicopter another one on its way in donkeys burros whole families of Horus' horses running.

God is never going to forgive a nation of such forgetful people who forgot that Manasseh represented the fog as for Hessians.

A blood-stained land America is filled with such brilliant students of modern weaponry being used to kill off tribe of Benjamites.

Wolf's top dog so the fox was made just because the Lord said 'My Kingdom will be when I return the land back to the wolves'.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,355,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej

The threat to fundamentalism based upon The Egyptian Book of the Dead inherited not Islam kills Christ's fundamentalism.

The Jews of Israel and those who follow the Christ as best as they can as according to what they have been told are 'in'.

Those who still refuse to follow Christ in the whole way where livestock are not counted as a pet would be are forgiven...

But only if they follow the animal rights' groups absolute best ways to tear down all houses of slaughter of Animal Kingdom.

God said there is one single church based upon the prophets and to love God and his commandments of love neighbor vine.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism in the blood of the Lamb they have crucified God afresh with each area of 'Kill God zone'.

Jesus said he is a living vine not a dead one where animals are mercilessly tortured for each piece of meat that's violations.

For cattle raised to reach a plate how cattle are steered to make their way back to where they were wolves in dens hiding.

Evil horse round-ups lasso was a helicopter another one on its way in donkeys burros whole families of Horus' horses running.

God is never going to forgive a nation of such forgetful people who forgot that Manasseh represented the fog as for Hessians.

A blood-stained land America is filled with such brilliant students of modern weaponry being used to kill off tribe of Benjamites.

Wolf's top dog so the fox was made just because the Lord said 'My Kingdom will be when I return the land back to the wolves'.
You used lots of words in those two posts to actually say nothing. Nor was one of your set of words appear to address the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality