Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 08:27 PM

345 posts, read 1,580,967 times

Advertisements

my non catholic daughter is starting school in a catholic elementary school in two weeks. any bible-type books to get her quickly up to date on religion??
catholic schools these days are not all catholics...a small percentage are "other".... so she will not be the only non-catholic, but i want her to at least know the stories of the bible...

any ideas/thoughts would very much be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,025,234 times
These are somewhat geared toward children, however, they should give her a good start on understanding some of the basic Bible stories.

Children's Bible Stories and Funny Books for Kids Online

Childrens Bible Stories, Old Testament, Bible Stories about Jesus and The Apostles

Good luck on her new journey!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,797,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
my non catholic daughter is starting school in a catholic elementary school in two weeks. any bible-type books to get her quickly up to date on religion??
catholic schools these days are not all catholics...a small percentage are "other".... so she will not be the only non-catholic, but i want her to at least know the stories of the bible...

momoffive,
I am curious, will the children be taught about the Catholic faith and go to Mass? If you daughter is interested in finding answers to questions that Catholic teenagers have asked, there is an excellant book called "Did Adam and Even have belly buttons?"
Best of luck to her.
God bless us all.
Weather...

Old 08-26-2007, 11:09 PM

743 posts, read 2,237,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post

I would suggest the St. Joseph's edition of The Balitmore Catechism.

Although, it's not Bible stories, it is a basic catechism of the Catholic Faith for children.

There are also many children's catholic bibles out there available in catholic book stores.

On a side note, I am the product of 12 years of catholic school.....I can honestly say I had a wonderful experince, both as a child, and looking back as an adult, on my catholic schoole experience. I am truly grateful to my parents for this specific religious education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality