Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:46 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,143 times

Advertisements

Ordinarily I would be the first one to complain about yet another thread pertaining to homosexuality. But I've decided to be an open book about this subject.

I will answer ANY question about being a "gay Christian" that anyone wants to ask me. (Keep it clean.) Or if you don't have a question, then just post a comment. I will consider what EVERYONE has to say - even if you tell me I'm deluded. (Because maybe I am. ) I'm just looking for some peace in my life, and maybe this will help. So ask away......or just vent. Or whatever. Let's have the one final grand debate to end all debates about this subject.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Do you believe that there are those that CHOOSE to be gay and those that are BORN gay? Or do you believe it's only born?

Do you think there is a distinction between the two above regarding God's judgment?

Are you at peace with yourself and with God?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Do you believe that there are those that CHOOSE to be gay and those that are BORN gay? Or do you believe it's only born?
First, I honestly don't know if anyone is born gay. Do I BELIEVE they are? No. I think people might be born with a personality that contributes to them becoming gay. Mostly I think it is something that develops in someone, whether at a very young age, or showing up at a later period in life. But do I think someone can CHOOSE to be gay? No. Not in the truest definition of what it means to be gay. I believe straight people can choose to have gay sex, for whatever reason, but in that case I would not consider them to be gay. Being gay - well, sexual orientation, period - is more about the inner attraction to people on an emotional and psychological level - not simply because someone prefers sex with a particular gender.

Quote:
Do you think there is a distinction between the two above regarding God's judgment?
In light of the fact that I'm not sure if anyone is born gay, I really don't know how to answer that. I would say if a straight person opts to have gay sex, then yes I feel God's judgment would be different than someone with a homosexual orientation. To me, whether you're gay or straight, if you aren't really attracted to someone, particularly if you aren't in love with them, then to choose to have sex with ANYONE is merely a carnal act.

Quote:
Are you at peace with yourself and with God?
No. That's why I said I'm looking for some peace in my life.

There are times when I feel peace, but it has nothing to do with being gay. Now if I somehow knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God said it was okay to be gay, then yes I would be at peace with myself, and with Him. But it's hard to find that peace when there is so much inner turmoil on a daily basis.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
First, I honestly don't know if anyone is born gay. Do I BELIEVE they are? No. I think people might be born with a personality that contributes to them becoming gay. Mostly I think it is something that develops in someone, whether at a very young age, or showing up at a later period in life. But do I think someone can CHOOSE to be gay? No. Not in the truest definition of what it means to be gay. I believe straight people can choose to have gay sex, for whatever reason, but in that case I would not consider them to be gay. Being gay - well, sexual orientation, period - is more about the inner attraction to people on an emotional and psychological level - not simply because someone prefers sex with a particular gender.

In light of the fact that I'm not sure if anyone is born gay, I really don't know how to answer that. I would say if a straight person opts to have gay sex, then yes I feel God's judgment would be different than someone with a homosexual orientation. To me, whether you're gay or straight, if you aren't really attracted to someone, particularly if you aren't in love with them, then to choose to have sex with ANYONE is merely a carnal act.

No. That's why I said I'm looking for some peace in my life.

There are times when I feel peace, but it has nothing to do with being gay. Now if I somehow knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God said it was okay to be gay, then yes I would be at peace with myself, and with Him. But it's hard to find that peace when there is so much inner turmoil on a daily basis.
I definitely appreciate your honesty! I think it is mighty BRAVE and ADMIRABLE of you for doing this! I realize that you know you are leaving yourself open for criticism here...Kudos to you for being strong!
You seem like a great guy Rob! I hope you find the peace that you are searching for!

Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I definitely appreciate your honesty! I think it is mighty BRAVE and ADMIRABLE of you for doing this! I realize that you know you are leaving yourself open for criticism here...Kudos to you for being strong!
You seem like a great guy Rob! I hope you find the peace that you are searching for!
Thanks! So do I.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I've decided to be an open book about this subject.

if you don't have a question, then just post a comment.

I'm just looking for some peace in my life, and maybe this will help.
June applauds you from the bottom of her heart!!! We need you in this world, WCRob, and I am all for openness and understanding amongst ALL INDIVIDUALS. The vast divides that we set up between ourselves are simply unnecessary, in my humble June opinion.

A million thank you's for having it in your heart to start this thread!

With utmost sincerity and love,

Take gentle care!

-June

Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,604 times
Would you want to be "cured"?
If yes, is it because of your religious beliefs?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Thank you for starting this thread WCRob. I hope you find the peace you are looking for as well.

I want to know how do you deal with people who say you are not a Christian because of the way you are?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I want to know how do you deal with people who say you are not a Christian because of the way you are?
Yes, me too. And I have more questions.
I have a gay Christian friend, but I am not close enough to him to feel comfortable asking him about his religion. So...
How do you find Christian fellowship?
Do you have to go to a "special" church where you are accepted?
Do you go to a "regular" church and stay closeted?
Or are there ANY "regular" Christian churches out there that you can attend while being openly gay? If so, are you comfortable there?
The Christian churches that I know about would not tolerate an openly gay person among the congregation (unless, of course, they are there to be cured).

Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,604 times
I know a church in Wilmington, DE you can go to. I don't know where you are, but if you want to know, let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality