Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM

582 posts, read 2,009,465 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I need to rant a little here...

We are closing on the sale of our home on Wednesday, which is now two days away. The buyer's agent has messed up things on almost every turn, and the mortgage broker for the buyer also seems to be completely incompetent. My agent has had to get information for the buyer's agent several times already. Now we find out that the mortgage broker just sent through a letter that the buyer's agent was trying to get us to fill out for a week now. It's about the HOA and the buyer's agent was supposed to send it through to them last month. Well, the mortgage broker asked for the info so the agent asked for it... and our agent is left shaking her head not understanding what is going on at all because everyone's trying to get a filled out letter from her that she has never received! We got the letter today only to find out that it is usually the first thing a mortgage broker will send out when the mortgage is for a condo... and it needs to be filled out tonight because if it isn't in by tomorrow we can't close on Wednesday! I am so frustrated! Already the buyer has complained that the house was too much but she only chose our unit because of the extra bathroom (which means it isn't too much because she offered more to get the extra bathroom!) and now this... if it weren't for the fact that the market is so horrible I would just tell them all to go away and leave us alone!

Sorry for the rant... I had to get that off my chest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,169 times
Take a deep breath, get them what they need asap. the mortgage company can make it happen. Just say an extra prayer this evening....

Shelly

Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 PM

The HOA woman who handles these things walked over to our unit after work (we have a community run HOA) to fill it out for us. I just can't handle these people much longer...

Two more days... two more days....

Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
I don't understand, why isn't your closing attorney handling all this for you and not the agent? The process shouldn't be as difficult as its happening w/you.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,321,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I don't understand, why isn't your closing attorney handling all this for you and not the agent? The process shouldn't be as difficult as its happening w/you.
It's the title companies here that take care of getting the HOA documents sent out. I wonder, though, if this is something unique to Sara's area.

By the way, Sara, I'm glad at least you've got a competent agent. Can you imagine what it would be like if your agent was as neglectful as the buyer's agent! I'm sure your agent must be pulling her hair out, too.

But smile! It's almost a done deal!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM

Jack, the problem is that there isn't time to go through anyone else for these things right now. The closing attorney (who happens to be one of my husband's friends on purpose in case the incompetent buyer's agent tries something funny) is set to be there at closing and take care of the mortgage and paperwork, but from what I was told the mortgage company for the buyer was supposed to send in the HOA documents to the correct people in the HOA. However, they didn't bother to do this until yesterday and we close tomorrow. If it had gone to the attorney (who would have done everything in his power to get it filled out) we wouldn't have closed on time. The woman ended up having to walk over to our house with the right paperwork and fill it out for us.

I know it shouldn't be this complicated, but we're doing a lot in a very short time period... and unfortunately working with a few people that don't know what they're doing whatsoever.

Oh, and Gretchen, I too am VERY glad that at least my agent knows what she is doing. When I called her last night to tell her that the woman from the HOA (who is my neighbor because we run our own HOA) was going to walk over and fill it out ASAP she told me now she was going to be able to sleep.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
I didn't see anywhere that you have Realtor representation. If I am correct, then it is very understandable that the buyer's agent is operating as a loose cannon. When sellers and especially buyers try to cut corners buying and selling homes without professional assistance, they are usually like lawyers who represent themselves. Even lawyers facing a judge have the commonsense to have another attorney counsel them and serve as a representive. In your case, do not, I repeat do not close without having an attorney review the buy-sell agreement and the HUD-1. If you think you are being ruffled right now, just imagine what kind of hi-jacking you could get from these stooges.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM

I do have an agent, she's doing everything she can to keep this guy in line. The buyer called her today to find out the status of that form because she was worried about not being able to close tomorrow too! We're set, it's just that with how delayed getting that form was nobody but us could have gotten it filled out in time.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Good for you! If I sounded gruff, I do get that way when people are so close to their penny's that they wind up loosing their dollars and then wonder in amazement to what in the world happened.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM

LOL, that's an interesting way to put it. We close on the sale tomorrow (finger's crossed) and buy our new house Friday. Just keep good thoughts for me that things run smoothly. We negotiated to have our own closing attorney at both transactions because he's my husband's close friend and will watch our backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate