Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM

229 posts, read 704,253 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering building a house in Seagrove's Farm, and would love to hear any feedback from folks who have bought/built there. We know that the community is located close to most things we'd need, so our main concerns are:

• How was Standard Pacific to work with, both pre-sale and post-sale?
  • Were they able to meet their construction deadlines, or did they delay occupancy at all?
  • How is the overall vibe in the community? Do people know their neighbors, get out and about, etc...or is it fairly quiet and people keep to themselves?
  • How is the HOA working out? Have rates ever been raised, do they have adequate reserves, and plans in place for future maintenance and expenses?
  • How are the covenants? I'm assuming paint color, additions, etc are all strictly controlled, but are they loose enough that you can plant your yards how you please? Any general oddities in the covenants? I'm planning to look at them, but don't have a copy yet.
  • What are your average utility costs? We've never lived in a house this large, nor do we know how energy efficient these homes are.
  • Did you use their in-house financing team, and how was the experience, rates, etc.?
Any info you could provide would be amazingly helpful to us. If you'd rather meet in person and spill the beans, let me know and I'll gladly buy you lunch or a frothy mocha frappuchino.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by jimmyz80; 02-28-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 AM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Books! Online Records - Document Images

Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM

229 posts, read 704,253 times
Mike, Thanks! Any chance you could clue me in on how you located this link?

Anyone living in the community that can help out with some of the other questions? Just trying to get a feel whether this is a community I'd be comfortable buying into.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 PM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz80 View Post
Mike, Thanks! Any chance you could clue me in on how you located this link?

Anyone living in the community that can help out with some of the other questions? Just trying to get a feel whether this is a community I'd be comfortable buying into.
Wake County Recorder of Deeds site.

You have to have Java, and probably have to go through the Recorder's main page and accept that the Recorder's Office, Wake County, etc, are not liable for error.

Also, I think those are the recorded Original Declaration. There are some revisions, and you would want to see them, have your closing attorney review them, and see if they were material to your purchase.

Covenants are recorded when the subdivision is organized. Revisions are typically recorded. But, enforcement practices may be changed or ignored by the Board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary