Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:11 PM

835 posts, read 3,977,672 times

Advertisements

Any recomendations or reviews of someone to prep yard and install Zoysia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,616 times
Grantlin Landscape Services, INc. They are out of Wake Forest. [URL="http://www.grantlinlandscape.com"]www.grantlinlandscape.com[/URL]

Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,237 times
We're using T1 Earthcare out of Cary. They're coming out tomorrow. Will let you know.

awilser@t1earthcare.com

Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM

They didn't quite finish today so coming back tomorrow. One concern is the color of the Zoysia sod. Should it be a yellowish color? I hope it will green up once it is established. Is this normal?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
They didn't quite finish today so coming back tomorrow. One concern is the color of the Zoysia sod. Should it be a yellowish color? I hope it will green up once it is established. Is this normal?
It will be fine once it snuggles in.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 AM

835 posts, read 3,977,672 times
Made a choice and it will be installed in 2 weeks. It wasn't anyone recommended above so if your curious on the results they'll be out in 2 weeks.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 AM

14 posts, read 43,597 times
I used Green Level Landscape out of Apex. They impressed me for a few reasons. Firstly, they wouldn't install my sod until July because they wanted to make sure that the sod was alive (green) before they installed. I thought that was great. I would have been furious had they installed dormant (brown) sod and it was never alive to begin with. Good prices too. I recommend them.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandre View Post
I used Green Level Landscape out of Apex. They impressed me for a few reasons. Firstly, they wouldn't install my sod until July because they wanted to make sure that the sod was alive (green) before they installed. I thought that was great. I would have been furious had they installed dormant (brown) sod and it was never alive to begin with. Good prices too. I recommend them.
I would have recommended Green Level to the OP, but Wake Forest is outside their coverage map on their site.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM

I have purposely waited to give my final opinion on T1 Earthcare. The owner was a very nice guy, very professional. The sod layers were also very nice guys. They did a good job on the install overall but ended up piecing some spots on the curb or devil strip because they ran out of sod resulting in a few bare spots. My biggest concern was the fact that they did not kill the existing grass and weeds. They assured me that it was not neccessary. I think it was. My lawn now has a tremendous amount of crabgrass, in the main portion of the yard, but mostly in the devil strip, which is almost all crabgrass, especially through the middle. I did put down a crabgrass killer 2 weeks ago after contacting T1 who instructed me to do so. Those areas that are now turning purple show me just how much was crabgrass...tons! They are still very much alive though. I tried pulling some out but gave up after getting blisters and looking around at the sea of crabgrass that I had not even begun to put a dent in. I read somewhere that it might need a second round of treatment. I hope that does the trick. Just hope there is grass left afterwards. Not happy with T1.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,116 times
I'm just gonna do it myself. SuperSod quoted me $250 a pallet, and two should do it for my little yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary