Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 08:54 AM

180 posts, read 453,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Waiting for light to turn green when turning right, instead of taking advantage of the legality of the right turn on red after stopping!
It's also legal to turn left at a red light from a one way street onto another one way street. So few people seem to realize that. There are far too many Florida drivers who don't know Florida traffic laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,565,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheese View Post
It's also legal to turn left at a red light from a one way street onto another one way street. So few people seem to realize that. There are far too many Florida drivers who don't know Florida traffic laws.
Yep, same law in NY but no one knows it there either. People used to yell at me for doing it.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:25 AM

180 posts, read 453,338 times
Default Knowing the law is an obligation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
Yep, same law in NY but no one knows it there either. People used to yell at me for doing it.
You ought to hear me yell when people don't!! It's kind of interesting how many people won't turn right until you gently tap on your horn. Most of the time, they will immediately go (providing it's safe to do so). The reason I find it interesting is because they strongly suspect it's OK to do it....but they just need confirmation.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:01 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,321,292 times
Here it is stopping for YIELD signs when there is a merge lane right there....

Old 08-28-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Here it is stopping for YIELD signs when there is a merge lane right there....
Yep, it's amazing how many people don't understand the term MERGE. To many it means: "STOP until NO ONE'S coming"

Old 08-28-2015, 02:25 PM

281 posts, read 409,524 times
The left lane drivers are out of control. Drives me crazy. And it is not just old people.

In the winter it is even worse as the NY state drivers invade. I believe they think it is required by law to use only the left lane no matter how slow you are going. PA has huge signs- KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT. Whenever there is a tie up on the PA Turnpike or 81N it's usually a NY tag poking along in the left lane. It really slows down the Jersey drivers trying to maintain their average 90 MPH speed.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
The left lane drivers are out of control. Drives me crazy. And it is not just old people.

In the winter it is even worse as the NY state drivers invade. I believe they think it is required by law to use only the left lane no matter how slow you are going. PA has huge signs- KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT. Whenever there is a tie up on the PA Turnpike or 81N it's usually a NY tag poking along in the left lane. It really slows down the Jersey drivers trying to maintain their average 90 MPH speed.
WTF is the obsession about badmouthing NY people. There are a**holes EVERYWHERE. I see TONS of other state tags riding in the left lane poking around. I ain't seen a NY driver doing that yet here. NY drivers usually want you to get the h*77 outta the way!

Old 08-28-2015, 05:04 PM

2,610 posts, read 2,851,358 times
I will say in NJ the NY plates do love the left lane for whatever reason but at least they have learned to move over when you are coming up on them. Now the PA plates just sit in the left like they are out for a Sunday stroll. But of all places the VA drivers love the left. I do not understand why.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 PM

7,748 posts, read 6,559,043 times
A driving rule in Miami: Stop signs don't apply if you can't read English.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,994,948 times
FL driving 101: worst place to drive. Old people, angry NY'ers and impatient NE'ers from other areas, retirees from Ohio/Michigan that think they are more important than everyone else, like we should feel honored they are here, young idiots obsessed with Fast n Furious, people who never drove in the US until now, ppl on their cell phones and texting all the time, etc.

Its the worst kind of people all coming together to drive.

Paradise right?...... Hardly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte